No announcement yet.

Selling firewood?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who would you contact to find a constant supply of trees to make firewood?
    Or who could tell me where to get permits to go cut trees myself?
    Rob
    Green Image Lawn & Landscape

\"If you don't feel the same way about Friday nights as you do Sunday nights, then you are not doing the right thing.\"

Comment

I was just doing more research on how much would you need to chop to make a cord.

A standard cord is a stack of wood measuring 4 ft by 8 ft by 8 ft. It contains 128 cubic ft of wood. The actual amount of solid wood occupies approximately 80-85% of the total volume of the cord. The remaining 15% is air space and bark.

A face cord is approx 16" deep but can vary from 12 to 18 inches.

I am seeing a third cord or face cord, going for $135 - $150 depending on if it's just delivered as a pile or stacked.

While a full cord is $330 - $390 again depending on if it's delivered as a pile or stacked.

Will you be offering this service this year?
      Attached Files
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

free wood

driving up logging roads can be very productive for free wood. Trees that the logging companys have left behind or stumps. All you need is a truck and a chainsaw.

Mike

Comment

Are you talking about downed trees or dead trees? Have you done this? How did it work out?
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

I was just doing more research on how much would you need to chop to make a cord.

A standard cord is a stack of wood measuring 4 ft by 8 ft by 8 ft. It contains 128 cubic ft of wood. The actual amount of solid wood occupies approximately 80-85% of the total volume of the cord. The remaining 15% is air space and bark.

A face cord is approx 16" deep but can vary from 12 to 18 inches.

I am seeing a third cord or face cord, going for $135 - $150 depending on if it's just delivered as a pile or stacked.

While a full cord is $330 - $390 again depending on if it's delivered as a pile or stacked.

Will you be offering this service this year?
            Steve:

In your research, have you found information on how many cords you can get from a tree?

For example, if you have an oak with a base trunk circumference of 60" is there a method of determining how many cords you can get from that tree?

I'm sure that info is available somewhere.

Keith
            Start a profitable lawn care business.

Comment

In your research, have you found information on how many cords you can get from a tree?
              That is a very good question. No I haven't yet, but I was thinking about that same thing.

Comment

already downed trees that the loggers left behind after they are done with the area. Iv done it if i need firewood when im camping.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                X