No announcement yet.

High Price? No Problem!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never take the customer for granted. I agree, but you can charge for inconvenience or for being out of your service area. I add 20% for out of service or emergency service. People don't seem to mind. Charge what you are worth, let the price shoppers and PITA customers go to someone else. Actually, I refer them to a competitor that is more suited to their attitude, project, or price.
    PITAs price whoppers are all around us. I give a quote based on what I think the yard will take to do. I have a service area and tell people that want service outside of that area sorry. I do refer people who have too big a yard for me to handle (I have gotten calls to cut 5 acre and 12 acre area) to a friend who has machines to handle that size. the Price to mow and acre here?? I relly dont know, I get 50 bucks for the first acre and 40 each additional acre, mow trim, edge, and blow. Fortunatly the area I live in a one Acre yard is the norm.

Comment

stupid enough? That is pretty arrogant...I would day more of...needing services urgently.

Another thing I notice on here, some of you must not value your time...I see some guys bragging about a job only taking a short period of time. I take into consideration changing equipment on the trailer and more importantly picking up materials, waiting for mulch to be loaded, etc.

$35 for an acre ? Not much room for profit there, SOP or not...
      .some of you should agree to raise that of it is truly the case..stop shorting yourselves!

Comment

I have too share this one with you guys !!

I get a call for a mowing estimate and I tell her I will be there shortly as I am in the neighborhood on another job...I pull into this horshoe driveway at this place and it's like OMG !! grass and chainlink fence as far as I can see...

So I start looking around and its about 4 to 5 acres of lawn, sloped slightly downhill and the entire property is enclosed by chain link fence, She tells me the fence must be trimmed inside and outside also...

Lol, for the very first time since I have been doing this , I honestly didn't know what to say, All I could think about is my guys seeing that fence for the first time and me telling them trim both sides

After a minute I finally said I can't touch this for less than $245.00 , well that didn't go well , she told me the last guy did it for $100.00 , I said I can see why he isn't doing it anymore

I didn't get it..

Comment

Working...
        X