Offer a new service

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offer a new service

Hello everyone I have a quick question for the LCO operating in Florida.
    Do I need to have a lawn and orntamental license if i decide I want to offer my customers Fertilizer?

Hi clarklandscaping ,

Welcome to our forum! How long have you been running your lawn care operation?

Our friend Barry might have some insight for you. I will send him a pm.
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

ck with you county. every county is different.

barry

Comment

Your local agricultural extension office should be able to tell you about required permits.

Here's a link for the Florida offices:

Florida Agricultural Extension Offices

Take some extra steps too. Some local communities have further restrictions. I have even heard of homeowners associations that restrict chemical application for their neighborhoods.

Keith
        Start a profitable lawn care business.

Comment

Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Oct. 02 2007,7:13)]Hi clarklandscaping ,

Welcome to our forum! How long have you been running your lawn care operation?

Our friend Barry might have some insight for you. I will send him a pm.
          Thank you this is my first season in business and Im loving every second of it!

Comment

Hi clarklandscaping,

What types of services are you offering for the fall and winter?

What kinds of things have you been doing to get your name out there?
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Oct. 03 2007,9:37)]Hi clarklandscaping,

What types of services are you offering for the fall and winter?

What kinds of things have you been doing to get your name out there?
              Well I was not quite sure what services I would be doing this winter but I have been submitting a bunch of estimates for tree trimming and brush cleanup.

Well my only form of advertising has been flyers at the rate of 500 a month being passed out dooor to door. At first customers came slow but now Im taking on about 1 or 2 new customers a day.

Comment

Quote[/b] (StartALawnCareBusiness @ Oct. 02 2007,5:36)]Your local agricultural extension office should be able to tell you about required permits. *

Here's a link for the Florida offices:

Florida Agricultural Extension Offices

Take some extra steps too. *Some local communities have further restrictions. *I have even heard of homeowners associations that restrict chemical application for their neighborhoods.

Keith
                Well it seems that in Orange, Seminole, and Volusia counties you DO need a license to apply any chemical. The website I was given for information on obtaining such license is http://www.flaes.org .

Comment

Quote[/b] ]Well I was not quite sure what services I would be doing this winter but I have been submitting a bunch of estimates for tree trimming and brush cleanup.
                  What about aeration or outdoor decorations?

Comment

Working...
                  X