Borrowing money from friends and family

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Borrowing money from friends and family

Have you ever wanted to borrow money from friends or family to expand your business?

This is an interesting article about a business that actually facilitates the process. They provide structure for the loan payments and keep tract of what you owe and what you promised to pay.

Not a bad idea actually!

What do you think about it?

How to borrow from those you know and not ruin the relationship - "Typically, it is a case of ‘Here’s $25,000 to open your new business, just pay me back in three years.’ This is a recipe for disaster," says Asheesh Advani, CEO and founder of Waltham, Mass.-based CircleLending, which facilitates private loans. "Even if the business is doing fine in three years, it is unlikely the borrower will be able to make a lump sum payment to repay the loan." There is also the risk that after three years, the borrower will mistakenly remember the loan as being a gift.

Advani says that roughly 9 percent of all households have a friend/family loan outstanding. And while the $89 billion person-to-person loan market may be a drop in a consumer loan market bucket worth trillions, he decided it was enough to base a business on.
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

That's a neat idea. Handle it like a bank loan, everything in writing, minus the regulatory bovine scathology....

Comment

Yea! and it actually may get people to lend you money that normally wouldn't because they fear it would never be paid back.
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Working...
      X