Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mixing politics with your lawn care invoice?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mixing politics with your lawn care invoice?

What's your take on this? A lawn care company inserted a flyer in their invoice to solicit donations to an anti-abortion "charity?"

Have you ever heard of this before?

What's your take on mixing politics and business?

Hey, You Got Your Abortion In My Lawn Care! - There are a staggering number of lawn-mowing services in this city, and we've used the same one for almost seven years.

When I opened their latest bill last week, a flyer popped out, soliciting donations for an anti-abortion "charity."

Wow. Didn't see that coming.

My first thought was A lot of people mow lawns in this city. Within half an hour, my lawn mowning service was my ex-lawn mowing service, and I look happily forward to bills free of abortion politicking in the future.

I would have had the same reaction if it had been a flyer soliciting donations for the National Abortion Rights Action League (NARAL). It wasn't the position, it was the insertion of politics. Even a solicitation for a true, non-political charity would have have been fine. I just don't want politics mixed in with my grass clippings.
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Mixing political hot button issues with your bills is just asking to get fired. Never mix the two.

Comment

I can't believe that I never read this before. That is just crazy! I make sure to never talk politics with customers.

Comment

Working...
      X