$1 million Lawn Care Operation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $1 million Lawn Care Operation

Jed Taylor has turned a lawn mowing business he helped start in high school into a growing enterprise that had more than $1 million in sales last year.

Keeping it green and growing - Jed Taylor, 27, started his grass-cutting business with a mower from Wal-Mart that he bought with his parents’ credit card. With more than $1 million in sales last year, his high school job has turned into a promising career.

Sometimes credit card debt can be a good thing. It was for Jed Taylor, anyway.

About 10 years ago, Taylor and a high school buddy decided to take their part-time grass cutting business up a notch. But like most entrepreneurs, they lacked capital.

"I begged my parents to let me use their credit card," Taylor said. "We had a push mower, but that just wasn’t cutting it."

Taylor got the card, went to Wal-Mart and charged a riding mower that cost $1,100. Equipped with a new mower and an old minivan, the eager teenagers were ready to roll. Missouri Mowing LLC was born.

- Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

This was a very interesting point in the article as well

"Gandy said Taylor avoids the temptation to get "immersed in the day-to-day details" of running the business. But once in a while, Gandy said he senses that Taylor gets the itch to ride the mower.

"I then ask him, ‘Are you working in the business or on the business?’ " Gandy said."

Again we get back to the concept of working on your business not in your business.
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

Check out there website here.

http://www.momowlandscapes.com/index.php

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X