Postal Rate Increases

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postal Rate Increases

I have been reading a lot of recent news that the postal rate may increase this year anywhere from 2 cents to 8 cents per first class stamp.

Does that effect you much? What are going to do to help decrease your postal expenses?

Part of me is concerned about this because I do wonder what will happen to the US Post Office? I mean is it going to be a relic in 10 years? How much more can it raise it's prices before no one sends anything through it anymore and then what?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I think they could save money (and kep prices the same) by not bringing mail on satudays. make saturday a "special" dil. type. And charge extra for it.

We dont use the US mail much, about 85% ships fedex, 10% ups and the other 5 would be us mail.

Or how about them offering "us mail email delivery", like bulk mail but sent to email addresses... you pay $xx.xx to send an email to xxxx email addresses, sent by the US Mail.

Comment

that is something to consider

Comment

I bet ultimately you will see something like that. In the future we probably won't have mail delivered each day of the week.
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
          Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Theres not much we can do. I dont send many invoices out by email, maybe 10-15. But I mail out around 150 envelopes each month. So even 8 cents is only $12 extra a month. I dont really mind, its a cost of doing business. Now if I was sending out 100,000,000 envelopes that'd be different. But still, its the cost of doing business, and if your charging enough you wont have a problem with this.

That being said, if gas was to go up in price, I'd be pist, but I spend way more per month on fuel ($900) than stamps, plus stamps allow the paycheck to come!!!!!
            2000 Ford F350 Dump Truck V10 8\'6\" Western
            2006 Chevy 2500HD 8ft Western
            2005 8x20ft Haulmark Enclosed Trailer
            Exmark Rider and WB and Stihl Handhelds

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X