No announcement yet.

knowing your cost?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So you are saying i would have to physically go out and measure every sq. ft. of this property?
    You could measure one area and then multiply it by the amount of other similar areas on the property.

But ultimately if you want to be accurate, you have to know how much area you are mowing. When you guess, especially early on, there is a tendency to guess low and underbid.
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Hey guys. I have bid on the town houses and have been told that my bid looks good. The other thing they have asked for is trimming of hedges and dead heading of the crepe myrtles before spring. Do I need to get a total of area of hedges to bid that? Like length, height, and depth of each section of hedge? Or do I look at sections and say, "this will take an hour, so apply my hourly rate to each section?" I think I am close to getting this deal, I just need to get close with the hedges and crepes! Thanks again for any advice.

Comment

Do I need to get a total of area of hedges to bid that? Like length, height, and depth of each section of hedge? Or do I look at sections and say, "this will take an hour, so apply my hourly rate to each section?"
        It all comes down to time. As you trim more hedges, you will find that it will take you X amount of time to trim X ft of hedges based on their size and height. So when you look at it, compare it to some of your previous hedge trimming jobs, then scale it up depending on the size of it.

Does this help?
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

Yeah, that helps. I'm just going to go with x amount of hedges/$ amount/Hr. That seems to make more sense to me. Wish me luck! I'll come back when i find out.

Comment

I look forwards to your updates. Also, keep us posted on how long you thought the job would take and how long it ultimately did take after all is said and done.
            Then tell us why you feel there was a difference.

Take pictures too!

Comment

As soon as I get it I will give updates and try to remember to take pix! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X