Opportunity to buy big contract

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opportunity to buy big contract

My parents who own a contracting company doing facility maintenance for many big companies such as riteaid, cvs, blockbuster, dollar general etc... Here's the deal, They picked up a contract this past year for 300 dollar generals to do the lawn maintenance on them this year. Well keeping up with 300 stores and billing all them has just become a little much for her company because they stay busy with all their other work. Question is, how do I offer a fair price on the contract for next season? I know it is my parents but it is still business and that's how I am looking at this. Each property is paid out $50 per cut and done 2 times a month. On the 1st and 15th. That's a total of $30,000 a month in pay out. She currently charges $15 a property per cut to the company she got the contract from which comes out to $9000 a month revenue. The contract is a 9 month contract for a grand total of $351,000. Out of that is $81,000 revenue, any idea on where to make an offer on something like this? Because it is my parents I know she will let me buy the contract over the course of the contract, so from that point it will help me a lot. Any ideas or suggestions?
    2008 F-350, 2006 rzt50 23kH, 2010 tank m48 with 25kH, 16x8 vnose car hauler, echo edgers and weedeaters.

no idea how much to offer

but the price seems very low on the amount of work and billing your going to have to do for 100 usd a month per job.
    and I am guessing with 300 stores your going to be subbing it out and taking a percentage of what some one else would make.

let me guess your and your parents are a national company? with out equipment or manpower to do the work just bid low to get contracts and then sub it all out for even less?

IF I am wrong forgive me but I see it happen all the time in the snowplowing industry and its begging to affect the lawn care also.
    C&S Lawn Service

Comment

Each property is paid out $50 per cut and done 2 times a month. On the 1st and 15th. That's a total of $30,000 a month in pay out. She currently charges $15 a property per cut to the company she got the contract from which comes out to $9000 a month revenue. The contract is a 9 month contract for a grand total of $351,000. Out of that is $81,000 revenue
      Ok let's break this down to understand what we are working with.

$50 per cut x 2 = $100 per month per location.
      $100 x 300 locations = $30,000 per month.

How does the $15 a month come into play? I got confused there? Is she paying per property to get the bid? Or how does that work?
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X