Fake Grass?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fake Grass?

Fake Grass? Is this going to be a new trend?

Would you install it? Has anyone asked you about this yet?

I could see how this really could take off. Maybe there could be some service fee charged to maintain it somehow?

Turf Your Mower - It started a few years ago, when a neighbour ordered fake sod for his yard.

Soon another lawn was ripped up and replaced with a blanket of artificial turf.

This spring Eileen's husband, Lorenzo, talked her into following suit, weeks after a neighbour did the same.

It took some convincing, but after spending some lazy, hazy days sinking her bare feet into her new fake blades, Valerio says she's sold.
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

The only downfall is price. You have to be good with your sales pitch pointing out the fact that you have virtually no maintenance for 10+ years on the lawn. The only places I could see it really going big is small yards in the cities (like dallas/chicago sized yards) where they have maybe 500-1000 sq foot total turf.

Prices are (off the top of my head) 3-5 dollars for the material and suggested install prices were around 15-20 a sq ft. So the price adds up fast.
    \"Every strike brings me closer to the next home run\"

Comment

The article said "A new plastic lawn doesn't come cheap.

At $8 to $15 a square foot, the price can range from $5,000 to $15,000."

Maybe it varies based on your geographic area?

Weren't you recently talking about doing this on parking lot islands at a bank? How did that work out?
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

did anybody find out anymore info on this?
        we have realy small yards in the areas where i cut, and alot of people rebuilding a new new orleans and maybe somthing like this could be a hit.

Comment

I contacted Chris from sales@allprogreens.com. I hope he is able to join us here and talk about his products.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X