Is anyone offering holiday lighting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anyone offering holiday lighting

Is anyone offering holiday lighting or other decoration services this winter?

If so what will you be doing?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

No, but it is one area that I would love to get in, instead of doing snow removal

Comment

Did you see this video?

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EkWGYvnEbeg"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EkWGYvnEbeg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

Ya thats a good video. Holiday lighting and decor is something I am very interested in...but then there is that whole keeping my butt on the ground issue. Apparently I need to battle some deamons with hights.

Comment

Can you imagine if you could sell such amazing services where your house would be the talk of the town? WOW.

Comment

it would be very difficult to profit off christmas lights
            i did it for one year, and didnt make nearly as much off it as i should have. it takes a long time to put up, and people dont want to pay for the time

Comment

How would you do things differently if you were to try it again?

Comment

how do you charge for this service? by the foot ,yard.hour ect

Comment

My biggest fear would be getting past the liability issue.

Comment

what do you mean, incase you fall,or if there hous catches fire?
                    i dint really think of that at first.

Comment

i charged hourly
                      and at that point in time, i had just started mu business and didnt have insurance yet, so didnt deal with that end. but the thing is, to really do a nice job on a house, you will be there all day. it takes hours upon hours to hang lights along gutters, and forget about if you have to do a tree.
                      you wind up having to charge like a grand to hang lights

Comment

wow people in your area pay that?i was thinking more in the area of 0.50 per foot.

Comment

no, that was way more of an overexaggeration, but i did charge up to 750 on some, i mean think about it, if you on a house for 6 hours, which this time a year is like a full day, and you have 3 guys, whats it gonna cost.

Comment

Working...
                          X