Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spring is almost here... and the calls are coming in!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring is almost here... and the calls are coming in!

So, as most of you know, i relocated from one area to another, had a kid... left most of my customers behind (not intentionally, this whole having a kid thing is more expensive than i thought!).

The past three days have been pretty heavy with phone calls. My web page has gone from 54views to 171 in a little over two days. I have had a total of 21 contacts with new customers. I got a call from a buddy that owned a nursery and closed it to relocate, he called me to have me come out and do the clearing and prepping for set-up (two day job, even with his crew helping).

My next three weeks looks like:

Jan 31 - Feb 4:
    Monday: Finish Business Cards
    Tuesday: Son and Daughter sit while wife is at school
    Wednesday: Go and clear the lot for the nursery
    Thursday: Go to estimate three Landscape Jobs (bed creation, clean-up)
    Friday: Cut grass on old properties from 6am - 2pm, then work at the pizza shop from 4pm - 11ish.pm

Feb-7 - 11
    Monday: Start dropping door hangers (1000 total)
    Tuesday: Drop another door hangers (another 1000)
    Wednesday: Start second SERIOUS Video for M.A.K. Landscaping
    Thursday: Sharpen all blades, check fluids, flush truck radiator and oil
    Friday: Undecided, hopefully be working

Feb: 14 - 18
    Monday - Friday: I plan on being on the grass daily, even if it is only a handful of lawns. I have a helper this season, i did a lot of work with JLH Pro Lawn Care this winter and it showed me paying someone to HELP, is worth getting twice as much done. I hired a friends Boyfriend, hopefully he isnt an idiot and we work well together. I will have a FULL TIME helper this season. (Valentines day i have a doctors appointment for my son and have to whoa the wife over)...

Anyone else had calls come in yet? Anyone think it is too late to try and get a new advertising piece ready and printed by March? Should i run my old advertising that i did last year? I had alot of advertising stuff done earlier but, i changed to another editing software (Adobe CS5) and can do more with it... SO i am spoiled now and dont want to use the old stuff lol, but, one of the ads took me like 100hours... another 100 hours and only 4hours a night of sleep now with a baby... crap... i guess it comes down to "priorities" i hate that word!

Matt
    M.A.K. Landscaping

http://www.ma-klandscaping.com

407-949-1073

Volusia County FL
    Seminole County FL

"Treating your property as if it were OUR own!"

yay Matt!! I'd use advertising that works and you have or create new plenty of time
    also good luck with the helper and glad I could help ya when I did:-) this is gonna be a big year for us both!!
    JLH Pro Lawn Care
    (386) 235-0567
    jlhprolawncare@gmail.com
    www.jlhprolawncare.com

Comment

Maaaaaaaaaatt!!!! Glad you are still alive. Guess that baby is keeping you busy. Glad to hear you are busy. That is awesome!

Looking forward to a great year and ready for Spring!

Matt

Comment

Yup! i am alive! baby kept me up... ALL NIGHT!

Just made a schedule for the season. Planning on cramming as much into each day as i physically can!

matt
        M.A.K. Landscaping

407-949-1073

Volusia County FL
        Seminole County FL

Comment

Sleep is sooo overrated any how.

Congrats on getting the calls. I remember you were worried about the move.
          Pat

Comment

congrats

Congrats on all.
            I also have received calls from new customers for lawn care this year, hope it keeps improving for both of us.
            I start tomarrow putting out door hangers, widh us both luck in those.
            Great hearing from someone who is not doom and gloom. Keep Smiling

Comment

I had the BIGGEST fears after this move. I am basicly starting from scratch so, i might be 2years in but... im a "newbie" in my area.

Wednesday i have to bid on a "full property" restoration job, sod, beds, foliage, rocks maybe, flowers and new trees. I will also be cutting and cleaning a 4acre lot, should be awesome and full day of work, i cant wait...

LETS ALL DOMINATE THIS SEASON! (Except for me and JLH, we will share if needed lol)

Matt
              M.A.K. Landscaping

407-949-1073

Volusia County FL
              Seminole County FL

Comment

So, as most of you know, i relocated from one area to another, had a kid... left most of my customers behind (not intentionally, this whole having a kid thing is more expensive than i thought!).

The past three days have been pretty heavy with phone calls.
                Matt, this is all fantastic! For all the new members reading this, what do you attribute all these new calls to?

How can others get their phones ringing like this too?
                - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Matt, this is all fantastic! For all the new members reading this, what do you attribute all these new calls to?

How can others get their phones ringing like this too?
                  New calls are coming from constant work on the advertising front, both in person (gotta be a people person), via the internet www.jlhprolawncare.com and print (door hangers ,flyers ,business cards) and word of mouth from past customers

This isn't an easy task with the sheer amount of "fly by nights" with a craftsman lawnmower and a electric weed eater, lookin for $10 to mow an acre with a beer in the cup holder and a cigarette hangin from their mouth but hard work and good customer service pays off!
                  JLH Pro Lawn Care
                  (386) 235-0567
                  jlhprolawncare@gmail.com
                  www.jlhprolawncare.com

Comment

I had the BIGGEST fears after this move. I am basicly starting from scratch so, i might be 2years in but... im a "newbie" in my area.

Wednesday i have to bid on a "full property" restoration job, sod, beds, foliage, rocks maybe, flowers and new trees. I will also be cutting and cleaning a 4acre lot, should be awesome and full day of work, i cant wait...

LETS ALL DOMINATE THIS SEASON! (Except for me and JLH, we will share if needed lol)

Matt
                    We will DOMINATE this season brotha! just in a cooperative way
                    JLH Pro Lawn Care
                    (386) 235-0567
                    jlhprolawncare@gmail.com
                    www.jlhprolawncare.com

Comment

YEsterday was a DOMINATION on the website... i average 7 views a day.

I re did my Google AdWords and added a newer Craigslist posting (stole the format from The Goat (LMFAO).

I had 37 Web Page Views yesterday thanks to my adwords and Craigslist. I have a 73% "Direct" traffic which means people are looking for me online, or i am found via keyword...

No new calls today but, phone was dead most of the day so, was turned off. Might have lost a call or two. No biggie, people are LOOKING, which means their grass is growing.

I pray it is dry in the morning, i am leaving at 7am to start my big jobs and more estimates/evaluations.

Matt
                      M.A.K. Landscaping

407-949-1073

Volusia County FL
                      Seminole County FL

Comment

Is it cold over there Matt? It is a 5 degree wind chill over here. That is unheard of for South Texas.

Matt

Comment

Is it cold over there Matt? It is a 5 degree wind chill over here. That is unheard of for South Texas.

Matt
                          it's terribly cold it'll in the low 80s bwahahaha!
                          JLH Pro Lawn Care
                          (386) 235-0567
                          jlhprolawncare@gmail.com
                          www.jlhprolawncare.com

Comment

New calls are coming from constant work on the advertising front, both in person (gotta be a people person)
                            What kinds of things have you been doing to get out there in person and meet people?
                            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                            Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

What kinds of things have you been doing to get out there in person and meet people?
                              I'd hope it comes natural to most but getting in the habit of handing out your biz card to anyone you meet as well as at any social function is a great way to meet new people, for instance I was cutting a lawn and someone stopped me to ask direction and as I gave directions I gave my card....2 days later the lost guy called and signed a yr contract:-)
                              JLH Pro Lawn Care
                              (386) 235-0567
                              jlhprolawncare@gmail.com
                              www.jlhprolawncare.com

Comment

Working...
                              X