Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spring is almost here... and the calls are coming in!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TODAY!!!

Today i traveled to Sorrento, FL, about 35miles from Daytona Beach to take care of my buddy Mike's nursery property. I showed up and looked at all of the property that he has probably 500hours in clearing already. He had about 70 trees upright and about 200 waiting to be planted. BLOWN AWAY!

His old property was about 2/3acre, no irrigation. This new one is 4 acres, cleared, ground covered on 1/3 of it. Had a big sign out front, was plain but, got the job done, more readable than the others i had seen on the way in.

I got there and his wife was around but, he wasnt anywhere to be found. I unloaded the mower and headed to the grass, Bahia, all starting to sprout and grow. 95% dead tho except where its been watered all winter. I got to mowing with my mower and got 2 acres done on the 36" in about an hour and a half. I had to blow the clippings past the fence line on about half of it tho, i dont want to be de thatching in 2 - 4 weeks. I grabed the weed-eater/brush cutter and hopped the fence, cut about 5ft back from the fence to make it look better and reduce my service at the beginning of the season.

He gets back and shakes my hand. I told him i was sorry about ditching the last month of last season, "no hard feelings, i called you back... youre the only one i trust on my turf..." Was blown away, this guy does landscape jobs that are nothing under 60K$ a pc. He has one truck, 4 trailers and 4 acres. He does 2 - 7 jobs a month during the summer. We sat and BS-ed for a while and he drops this "Want my Heathrow Accounts?" (Heathrow Florida is located in Lake Mary, MILLION DOLLAR HOMES 4million+). He runs a 7 home route two days a week... or did. He sold his lawn equipment to get ahead for the new nursery... I told him "Hell YES!" and he handed me the list of the numbers and addresses, what he is currently charging, and told me "Tell me what you will cut this one for too..." I came to 3685$ Before he handed me this paper of 365$/month contracts. I handed him a bid of 210$ a month, 4 cuts monthly. He handed me a check for the work i did today and said "Your Invoices are Awesome, i want 100..." -You want a 100 what?- "Of your invoices idiot, tomorrow morning, 100, here..." I cracked up, little me has something this guy likes over his own... Needless to say, i printed the 100 when i got home lol.

I was stressed out mid November, here i am now, 2-3 weeks away from the beginning of spring, sitting pretty with 16,000$ in contracts already, i have 4 estimates on lawn care/landscape jobs tomorrow morning. This is going to be a GOOD YEAR! BRING IT ON 2011!

Matt
    M.A.K. Landscaping

http://www.ma-klandscaping.com

407-949-1073

Volusia County FL
    Seminole County FL

"Treating your property as if it were OUR own!"

Comment

Great news! Good things happen to good people!
      http://www.lunchesruslawncare.com

Comment

Matt that is fantastic!

Today i traveled to Sorrento, FL, about 35miles from Daytona Beach to take care of my buddy Mike's nursery property.
        The thing I was wondering or maybe I got confused, why was he having you mow the property when he had a mowing crew?
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

He sold all of his equipment to buy in on the new property. I wish he would of talked to me before hand, i would have found another 10K to have another fully stocked rig even if to just part it out and sell it to make a profit.

He no longer does Lawn Care, only LANDSACPING, and BIG landscaping (like picframer). He does all of my curbing and hardscapes when i need them.

Matt
          M.A.K. Landscaping

http://www.ma-klandscaping.com

407-949-1073

Volusia County FL
          Seminole County FL

"Treating your property as if it were OUR own!"

Comment

Matt that is great!

Does he offer you much business advice on how to grow?
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
            Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Working...
            X