End of the year, spend or save?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End of the year, spend or save?

At the end of the year, if you have a profit, do you find that you like to buy any equipment or sign up for a lease in order to lower your taxable income or do you like to save that money?

Why so?
    I like to buy or lease equipment.
    37.50%
    I like to save the profits.
    62.50%
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

At the end of the year, if you have a profit, do you find that you like to buy any equipment or sign up for a lease in order to lower your taxable income or do you like to save that money?

Why so?
    I'll let you know as soon as I start making some money. hehe

Comment

I think you need a third option, in my experience a percentage of retained earnings (net profit) should go into savings and a percentage to grow. I can't tell you a generic number because it's higher when you are new and it depends on a lot of other financial ratio's for each company and industry.
      Andy
      Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

I think you need a third option, in my experience a percentage of retained earnings (net profit) should go into savings and a percentage to grow. I can't tell you a generic number because it's higher when you are new and it depends on a lot of other financial ratio's for each company and industry.
        You beat me to it Andy lol, I was just going to suggest a third option also, spend on advertising for growth.
        http://www.lunchesruslawncare.com

Comment

Well the reason I posted this poll is because at the end of the year, I tend to hear things from business owners like 'I need to buy some stuff to lower my taxes.'

I wanted to know what % of members thought this way at the end of the year.
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
          Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X