Service Master has taken a hit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service Master has taken a hit

Have the same things that have effected Service Master's profits this quarter, effected your business as well?

ServiceMaster net falls short - ServiceMaster Co., owner of lawn-care business TruGreen ChemLawn and Terminix pest-control service, said Wednesday that third-quarter profit fell below company forecasts because of hot weather. The Downers Grove-based company estimated that income from continuing operations fell to 20 cents to 21 cents a share from 23 cents a share a year earlier. It will release its final results Nov. 1.

Hot, dry weather brought more service calls for TruGreen ChemLawn, increasing costs for the nation's largest lawn-care business. The dry conditions also resulted in smaller-than-average termite swarms, which reduced demand for Terminix's services. Shares fell 54 cents, or 4.7 percent, to $10.91, on the New York Stock Exchange.
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

I didn't know that Terminix was part of them as well.

Wow! They have the whole area wrapped up just about.

Comment

And yet still their profits were down.
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X