Service Master has taken a hit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service Master has taken a hit

Have the same things that have effected Service Master's profits this quarter, effected your business as well?

ServiceMaster net falls short - ServiceMaster Co., owner of lawn-care business TruGreen ChemLawn and Terminix pest-control service, said Wednesday that third-quarter profit fell below company forecasts because of hot weather. The Downers Grove-based company estimated that income from continuing operations fell to 20 cents to 21 cents a share from 23 cents a share a year earlier. It will release its final results Nov. 1.

Hot, dry weather brought more service calls for TruGreen ChemLawn, increasing costs for the nation's largest lawn-care business. The dry conditions also resulted in smaller-than-average termite swarms, which reduced demand for Terminix's services. Shares fell 54 cents, or 4.7 percent, to $10.91, on the New York Stock Exchange.
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

I didn't know that Terminix was part of them as well.

Wow! They have the whole area wrapped up just about.

Comment

And yet still their profits were down.
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Working...
      X