Offer free landscape designs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offer free landscape designs?

Do you offer free landscape design? Is it a good idea or a bad one?

In this article Jenny Hardgrave talks about the frustrations of offering free designs and then having a potential customer ask you questions for hours.

Word of mouth plants seeds of good yard care - For Hardgrave, the requests include free design advice ****- indoors as well as out.

"One of the most frustrating things is to go to a home and they keep you for two hours asking your opinion on things like place-setting colors and place mats," Hardgrave says. "It gets sticky. You want to be fair and reasonable and not lose the client, but time is money, too."
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

I personally think that it's a very bad idea. I have been caught too many times with my pants down in the past of where I offered free designs, and the customer took those designs and either 1) did the work themselves or 2) had another company do it.

Comment

It seems like it can be used as a marketing tool when times get rough. But normally it doesn't seem to be something that one would choose to do.

There seems to be too much opportunity for problems.
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X