Salaries?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salaries?

Check out some of these hourly wages. How often have you found yourself paying a foreman $52.34 an hour!!!!

Pretty amazing.

Landscaper ambivalent on immigration issues - Because it is a government contractor, Smallwood’s company, Diversified Landscape, is required to pay prevailing wages as calculated by the state Department of Industrial Relations. Experienced laborers earn $34.24 an hour; untrained “tenders” make $14.17. Each worksite is required to have an equal number of laborers and tenders.

Landscapers who work for private clients, pay much less – about $8.50 an hour to start. But Smallwood’s higher wages don’t seem to be helping her much.

“Our difficulty in hiring is horrible,” says Cathy Gurney of Sierra Landscape & Maintenance in Chico, north of Sacramento. “We’ve been advertising for a supervisor, which would pay $15 to $25 an hour with full benefits. No one qualified is applying.”

On a recent job that went into overtime, a Diversified Landscape foreman was making $52.34 an hour.

- Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Like we stated before, I would drop what I was doing right now to take that kind of money. It's just people are lazy anymore, and they don't want to put in a good does work.

Comment

It is fascinating to see what is going on in the industry.
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

Here, I have at least three people calling me a month out of the blue just asking if I am hiring.

Comment

Maybe then much of this is regional?

Comment

That is what I am thinking. Every year I always have people calling for work. Even when I would do postings in the newspapers for work years ago I probably received around 20-30 applications.

Comment

Very interesting.

Comment

Working...
              X