No announcement yet.

What to know about hiring employees

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I talked to paychex today I will post more info when I get it.
    I spoke with someone else who said you can be exempt from workman's comp if you have fewer than 4 employees. paychex does the w comp for $75+pay as you go based on the wage ($20k per year for one employee would be around $1000 total)

Comment

Paychex was the only company to respond to my RFI. I have a meeting with them 3-2-10

I met with my CPA today he verified that in FL you can get exempt from workers comp for up to 4 employees after that you need it for sure.

Next I need to incorporate, everyone I talk to so far has said s-corp is the way to go. Anyone got any insight on this?

Comment

Paychex was the only company to respond to my RFI. I have a meeting with them 3-2-10

I met with my CPA today he verified that in FL you can get exempt from workers comp for up to 4 employees after that you need it for sure.

Next I need to incorporate, everyone I talk to so far has said s-corp is the way to go. Anyone got any insight on this?
        Thats it.... I knew that, but I didnt want to be wrong..Also exempt is family members..

In Memory of My Dad..1943-2008..Gary "Snuffy" Smith

Comment

Thats it.... I knew that, but I didnt want to be wrong..Also exempt is family members..
          I'd still like to see a copy of the disclaimer you were saying your dad made his employees sign.

Comment

Working...
          X