No announcement yet.

A business misperception or is it true?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A business misperception or is it true?

How often when someone is getting into the green industry do you hear the following:

"Why do this?

I think there is a huge void in the lawn-care business. A lot of people can be taken advantage of. I have knowledge in this area and I think I can really help people. I just want to offer reliable, honest and educated services to residential areas."

Do you find this to be the case or is this a misperception? Is there really a 'huge void?'

This was taken from a business profile on Dan Bantell Owner and operator of DB Lawn Solutions.
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

My personal opinion is that yes, you can take advantage of people very easily if you wanted to. Case in point today. I was spreading some black dirt for a customer, I quoted them on the price and they agreed. Well, I came up about 1/4 yard short. I could turn around and charge that customer for that extra dirt, but since it was my fault in miscalculation I will absorb that cost.

I can't believe the number of times I hear wrong information when I take over a new customer from a previous LCO. I am just amazed that the LCO would first tell them that, and then next for them to believe that.

Comment

Good point and good example.

Have you found customers appreciative of when you handle things honestly?
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X