Clever marketing concept

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clever marketing concept

This is really creative. I wonder how effective it was. I think I would watch the ad on tivo to find how to get a free sandwich, would you?

It makes you think of ways to get your company's advertising to be read or watched.

Could you have some text on how to get a free mowing, somewhere in your door hanger or flyer?

Watch Our Ad, Get a Free Sandwich
    MSNBC - DVR technology like the TiVo has been the bane of TV advertisers who would prefer viewers to actually watch their commercials, rather than fast-forwarding through them. KFC has come up with an interesting way to foil this habit by rewarding viewers who slowly rewind through their latest commercial. Messages contained in just a few frames****only viewable via a frame-by-frame playback****reveal how to get a free sandwich. This is a fabulously clever way to draw in viewers, rather than treat them as the bad guy for doing what is in almost every TV watchers' nature****skipping the ads.
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

I never watch live tv now, I love that my cable company has DVR now, I watch a 60 minute program in as little as 45 now...they are trying to also make it so you can't FF through the commercials I have heard... you can FF through the show, but at the commercials you would have to watch them... I hate that idea.

Comment

I would hate that as well. What we will see next is product placement all over the place.
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Working...
      X