Clever marketing concept

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clever marketing concept

This is really creative. I wonder how effective it was. I think I would watch the ad on tivo to find how to get a free sandwich, would you?

It makes you think of ways to get your company's advertising to be read or watched.

Could you have some text on how to get a free mowing, somewhere in your door hanger or flyer?

Watch Our Ad, Get a Free Sandwich
    MSNBC - DVR technology like the TiVo has been the bane of TV advertisers who would prefer viewers to actually watch their commercials, rather than fast-forwarding through them. KFC has come up with an interesting way to foil this habit by rewarding viewers who slowly rewind through their latest commercial. Messages contained in just a few frames****only viewable via a frame-by-frame playback****reveal how to get a free sandwich. This is a fabulously clever way to draw in viewers, rather than treat them as the bad guy for doing what is in almost every TV watchers' nature****skipping the ads.
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

I never watch live tv now, I love that my cable company has DVR now, I watch a 60 minute program in as little as 45 now...they are trying to also make it so you can't FF through the commercials I have heard... you can FF through the show, but at the commercials you would have to watch them... I hate that idea.

Comment

I would hate that as well. What we will see next is product placement all over the place.
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X