No announcement yet.

Dog waste clean up franchise idea

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm thinking about going with there prices when I start out at first Steve. Just to see how it goes and then after a few months or even after the first year adjust the prices to where they need to be. Whether that be lower or higher.
    I dunno about you guys but i would DEFF not LOWER em .. .
    DJ Carroll
    EasyPro Property Services
    502-525-3279

Comment

no i wouldn't lower it unless i was cutting grass on the same day and even then they might only get a dollar off if any at all.

Comment

Keep us posted on how the customers react to your marketing of this service. It should be very interesting.
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Hey Steve,
          I was looking in my phone book to see if there is anyone who removes dog waste and there wasn't even a section. I even looked under pets. I'm going to try to get my name in there and i would be the only one. I was wondering if anyone out there knows of anyone in there phone books who does this and what would it actually be under?

Comment

Thats a good question and the thing I wonder is this. If we can't figure it out, would anyone be able to figure it out and look it up in a phone book? I guess it could be pet waste removal.

Another thing you could try is this. Everyone that has a dog, has to have it licensed in the town they live in so there is a mailing list of dog owners. I bet you could rent such a list and market directly to them with postcards.

What do you think of something like that?
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

Yea thats a great idea Steve. I will have to look into that.

Comment

Well this would have been my second year of running Gotta Mow Lawn Maintenance as a side job. Did ok last year with just a push mower, a new trimmer and a blower out of the back of my Tahoe, but really felt that I did not have the investment capital to add the equipment I needed to relly expand.

I have been thinking about pet waste removal and the low cost of getting started. I can do it, I have the marketing expertise and I can still work my "real" job for the state department of transportation. This would be great extra money.

So I have begun to modify my website www.gottamowohio.com and will aggressively market the site after it is completed via flyers, the vets offices, and craigslist. All cheap. I'll keep you updated on how it goes.

Anyone know where to find a scoop like the one in this picture? I have seen smaller ones but this would be much more efficient.

Comment

I did a search for broom and dustpan and there were a bunch of results. Home Depot carries something similar to that. Check the link.

but really felt that I did not have the investment capital to add the equipment I needed to relly expand.
                  What did you feel you really needed?

Comment

I think for the lawn mowing to really make it I would need to get a larger mower. My push mower is just 22", really should have a 36" or 48" in order to be efficient. A trailer or Pickup would be ideal rather than lifting the mower into the back of the Tahoe.

The problem is that we are living paycheck to paycheck as it is. I know you need money to make money but... Just have not been able to purchase the big items.

Ben

Comment

Did you happen to look and see if you can get a mailing list of dog owners in your town? That could help you send direct mail right to your potential customer.

Comment

My wife works for the county auditor, who sells the dog licenses. OH yea I can get all the info.

Comment

That would be fantastic! You could send postcards right to your potential customers. Oh that would be so sweet. Let us know how that works.

Comment

My wife works for the county auditor, who sells the dog licenses. OH yea I can get all the info.
                            Be careful with that. It is not impossible to get her fired for using that type of info for personal use. I have seen people be fired for the personal use of government information even though the info was "public info"..... Just be careful with that....

Comment

Working...
                            X