Investing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Investing

So I am looking for someone who may want to invest into my business. I started last year and am still small, but I do have 9 years experience and my last lawn care company in the same area did very well. i am in Georgetown KY (think of the potential clients with Toyota here) and am interested in expanding into Lexington KY (2nd largest city in KY). I am wanting to go full force and quit my regular job. I would like an investor who can front the cash to build 2-3 teams as well as a clerical position for invoicing, collections, reminders, etc. I would need some equipment (trucks, trailers, mowers, etc) and marketing. Anyone interested? I want someone local (maybe Louisville) of even someone in Lexington looking for someone to help expand their business. I have lots 10 years experience in management and am an Accounting major, so I am well prepared for this venture.

For those that might be interested in funding you, have you broken down what you would need and how it would be spent or used?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

OP dont take this wrong because I am blunt,
      Your waisting your time, unless you have a reason to draw in an investor he is foolish to pay in on a dream, generally they invest in knowns not hopes.

With what you posted it seems to me your not in a position to drawn an investor honestly.

He will become a partner in my eyes because you have not provided the rest,
      Your words he will be billing ect plus providing equipment and growing your current business. Fact is most companies in your spOt get bought out even because you are to needy.

I ask you this . How much a hour do you pay yo
      urself ?
      How much do you gross
      And do YOU care to wear my uniform because if so I might would want to add crews in ky ... Just not as a partner/ investor but sole owner.

I hope you see my point. Good luck with your company this season.

Comment

Take your business plan ( you have one right), your accounting books (you have them right) and your market analysis (you did one right) along with your list of what you are going to buy, or otherwise spend the money on, to your bank and ask for a small business loan. Just don't go in there asking for a few hundred or thousands bucks. Banks will be more willing to loan a quarter of a million or more, on new vehicles and equipment, operating costs etc, than a few hundred on used junk (their words)

NO I have not done this for this business, however my father decided he need 2.5 million for his business, got all his documentation in order and 10 days later he was expanding

Comment

What if you did this?
          Find some other smaller operators like yourself, that are willing to join forces with you. You could combine your assets and clients and that way you could create more efficient routes and attack larger jobs. You could all trade in your old equipment and invest in some new uniformed equipment with recognizable trucks with a nice design on them. If you had one you could handle operations and the other guy can handle sales and marketing.

Comment

What if you did this?
            Find some other smaller operators like yourself, that are willing to join forces with you. You could combine your assets and clients and that way you could create more efficient routes and attack larger jobs. You could all trade in your old equipment and invest in some new uniformed equipment with recognizable trucks with a nice design on them. If you had one you could handle operations and the other guy can handle sales and marketing.
            +1!

OP let me share a story if I may. Years ago, I started a construction company and was doing very well. Two years into it a well-heeled gentleman came calling, wanting to know if I was looking for investors to expand, he'd back my company with purchases of large tracts of real estate and "we" would then develop them into subdivisions. To make a long story short, here's the kicker; he didn't want to partnership to turn a damned dime in profit. He was looking for a tax write off for his other 'real' business's. He got his write offs for as many years as IRS allowed and then he disappeared. Years later, our accountant told me the man had saved more than 2.5 mil in taxes over a three year period while my company didn't make a dime in profit. I got wages out of the deal.

You want a partner on even footing with you, doing just as much for the success of your business as you are doing. Otherwise, how do you know you both have the same goals? You want a working partner, as noted by A.K.L.

Comment

acrajchel, what is your thought on this as you get these different view points now? Has it changed or altered your thought process on this?
              - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
              Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X