PDA

View Full Version : advise on mowers

bulldogg
09-18-2009, 10:08 PM
i am looking at buying a ztm and i was wondering what brand i should go with. also i was wanting to know what people thought about buying used, like off of craigslist or ebay.

thanks

picframer
09-19-2009, 05:10 AM
Personally I would start by researching what I could get parts and service for within a reasonable distance, stuff happens and you need a service centre that can get you back on the road fast.

Once found I would start researching the brands that are available on the list you refer to and ask for input on specific models.

SuperiorPower
09-19-2009, 08:54 AM
Personally I would start by researching what I could get parts and service for within a reasonable distance, stuff happens and you need a service centre that can get you back on the road fast.

Once found I would start researching the brands that are available on the list you refer to and ask for input on specific models.

I second this. Something else to think about is your budget. Your budget and what kind of work you plan to do with it (residential vs commercial) are some important factors. I believe this a question that has come up before but I don't know exactly where to find the old threads. I have put together an extensive list of things to consider in general before you purchase a mower (http://lawnmowerforum.superiorpowerequip.com/index.php/topic,51.0.html).

Steve
09-19-2009, 01:15 PM
What size mower are you looking for? What kind of price range?

What are you using now?

bulldogg
09-20-2009, 08:42 AM
i have been using a regular garden tractor up to this point. i have been doing only res properties but i have already signed up several large commercial properties as well as quite a few more res customers for next season.

i have been thinking about getting a 60'' zero turn rider and then a 36'' walk behind for the res customers that have gated properties. my budget for both is around 6 to 7 thousand. but i am also going to have to buy another trailer.

Steve
09-20-2009, 01:20 PM
Keep us posted on what you decide to go with.

bulldogg
09-21-2009, 07:24 AM
i had seen on eBay where a place in texas has, what i think to be great deals, on used exmark mowers. i do live in virginia but i will go get one if i think the price is right and i do have a dealer that works on them. they have the lazer z 60'' for about 3,200.00.

Steve
09-21-2009, 12:44 PM
i had seen on eBay where a place in texas has, what i think to be great deals, on used exmark mowers.

We saw a post a little while back on a great deal on an exmark mower in Texas that turned out to be a scam. How do you confirm if this is a legitimate offer?

SuperiorPower
09-21-2009, 06:39 PM
There are several listed here (http://www.********.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51) to sell. I know nothing about any of these folks, so use your own judgment.

Good luck,
Eli