PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Fort Lauderdale,Fl

fldodger
09-18-2009, 06:54 PM
My name is Fred and my business is Executive Home Care
Just started getting everything together. I have passed out some fliers got a website up ( www.executivehomecare.info) not in a rush to go full bore. Need to learn some things, that is why I am here.
I am more of a Handyman than Lawn Service. So I have combined the 2 together. Hence the name Home Care.
Most of the work I have picked up is Hedge Trimming.
I have basic lawn equipment, Push mower, edger, Line trimmer, Blower and of Hedge trimmers.

I got started for the same reason as some other new members,I lost my job as the company I worked for closed down after 44 years in business and I was there 20 of them.

Hope see you more of all you. As I have more question after reading some post
( Soil condition, grass type, height to cut at)

Thanks

What I do for fun is mod Motorola cell phones.
Just type fldodger in any search engine you will find me.

Steve
09-19-2009, 12:58 PM
Hi Fred,

WOW what a great website! I love your logo and the lay out of it! You are on top of things with all those designs!

How did you pull all that together?

You have a great business name too! I would guess with a name like that, you would be trying to cater your marketing message to a very specific targeted group. Is this the case or no?

What I do for fun is mod Motorola cell phones.

Can you tell us a little about that? What kind of mods can you do to a Motorola cell phone?

fldodger
09-19-2009, 03:39 PM
Well to the successful ones in the area. Or another way to put it. The ones that spend to much at work and not enough at home.

I can not take any credit for the web site. That was made by a good friend on my Motorola forum.

Mods to cell phones, How about have your own skin ( theme) on cell phone.
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p212/fldodger1/scr001.jpg http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p212/fldodger1/scr002-1.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p212/fldodger1/scr003.jpg

Make it do things your service provider does not want it to. Getting rid of all the branding ( special icons to pay services) your service provided sticks on your phone.
Here is link to my Motorola website. If this not permitted just delete the link.
www.mmus.us

My friend also made the laid out for it.
Again if this not allowed delete this statement.
If some one interested in his service send me a PM and I will set the 2 of you up to work out pricing and details.

Steve
09-19-2009, 04:45 PM
Wow your board looks great! With all your knowledge in this field, did you consider more business ideas you could do in that field?

fldodger
09-19-2009, 05:24 PM
There is not much in my area, for that. I do some side work for friends and family. The Motorola community really frowns on charging for services. We do it all for fun. There have been many of sites that have tried to charge for services. They get no customer and therefor are no longer around. I am the only site that runs 95% add free. My biggest(well known) and most establish Moderator would bail on me if ran them (ads). So they help pay the service fees.

Steve
09-20-2009, 12:47 AM
This may be an off the wall idea but I wonder if you did some marketing that you could provide some Motorola cell phone mods to your lawn care customers, if that would help you stand out at all.

Maybe sign up for my fall lawn cleanup and get a free motorola cell phone modification. Or something like that.

fldodger
09-20-2009, 11:17 AM
Not a bad idea, also jailbreak and unlock iphones. For this I do charge.

Steve
09-20-2009, 01:24 PM
I got started for the same reason as some other new members,I lost my job as the company I worked for closed down after 44 years in business and I was there 20 of them.

What did that company do? Do you feel you were able to take some of the skills you learned from working there and apply it to your new business?

arthur712
09-23-2009, 01:25 PM
Welcome to the forum Fred!

I am from Ft Lauderdale and move here to Cocoa in 2001, Sorry to say I DO Not Miss It At All!!!!

Great to have you here!!!

fldodger
09-23-2009, 02:59 PM
What did that company do? Do you feel you were able to take some of the skills you learned from working there and apply it to your new business?

No there is nothing but the management skills. We built Printed Circuit Boards. I was charge of the Plating and Lab.

Steve
09-23-2009, 04:03 PM
With your technical skills, do you think there might be a potential to offer home technology services too? Providing technical support issues for such things as computers and networking and things like that? Could that also help you find lawn care clients as well?

fldodger
09-24-2009, 10:20 AM
Yes that is offered on the website. I have a guy staff who does that. I get 20% on what he gets.

Steve
09-24-2009, 01:16 PM
Oh that is great! That could potentially open more doors to more customers.

arthur712
09-25-2009, 11:00 AM
Thanks for the order Fred, I will ship out to you today.

Thanks Again!

fldodger
09-25-2009, 05:36 PM
I will be looking forward to it. Thanks

fldodger
09-29-2009, 04:33 PM
Thanks Artie I got it today.

arthur712
09-29-2009, 04:42 PM
Thanks Artie I got it today.

Take Pictures when you put it on for us!

count your card in the begining, its fun! LOL

Thanks

fldodger
10-06-2009, 10:15 PM
Here go arthie.