PDA

View Full Version : Equipment Maintenance

SuperiorPower
09-17-2009, 08:24 PM
When it comes to the topic of servicing your Power Equipment:

1. Do you service your mower yourself?

2. Do you hire it done?

3. If you hire it done, do you hire a friend to perform the maintenance?

4. Or do you take it back to your dealer to have the servicing performed?

5. I only service my mower when it breaks down.

SuperiorPower
09-17-2009, 08:51 PM
I am doing this as a preliminary research for an article I plan to write in the near future. Originally I intended to do this a little different but since some Administrator only permits editing for 15 minutes after the original post (winks at Steve:D) I could not go back to change this to the way I need to do it for my research purposes.....

So, if you guys could kindly go to my forum here (http://lawnmowerforum.superiorpowerequip.com/index.php/topic,75.0.html) and vote and comment there, I would greatly appreciate it. Sorry but you guys will need to register which is very simple and painless (why the heck have you guys not registered by now anyway?!?!?! lol). You will notice that the topic and questions are slightly different there as well. Again, there was a slight change in direction in this research....

:)

picframer
09-18-2009, 05:12 AM
When it comes to the topic of servicing your Power Equipment:

1. Do you service your mower yourself?

General service is done by an onlder fellow in our area, he washes all the gear, keeps the blades sharp, checks fluids, grease etc.

2. Do you hire it done?

Scheduled service is always done at the dealer, in my case John Deere

3. If you hire it done, do you hire a friend to perform the maintenance?

As Noted

4. Or do you take it back to your dealer to have the servicing performed?

5. I only service my mower when it breaks down.

Depending on the machine, dealer will send a service fellow to the site or we will stop by, if an emergency they fix on the spot or provide a replacement until it is fixed.

Steve
09-18-2009, 01:47 PM
Originally I intended to do this a little different but since some Administrator only permits editing for 15 minutes after the original post (winks at Steve

There are like 50 trillion settings on this forum. LOL

SuperiorPower
09-18-2009, 07:48 PM
Depending on the machine, dealer will send a service fellow to the site or we will stop by, if an emergency they fix on the spot or provide a replacement until it is fixed.

I actually took a slight turn in the research direction and that is one reason why I posted it on my forum. I asked a completely different set of questions on my forum. Thanks for the reply tho.

Steve
09-19-2009, 12:59 PM
I think you can make a new poll with those questions if you want :)