PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Dayton, OH!

dkwillie02
09-14-2009, 11:05 AM
Hey guys! Just joined up not to long ago. I am in the process of starting my own lawncare business and am hoping to learn alot about the business.. Im very excited and have already learned alot just from browsing some of the threads. Any advice for first time business starters would be AWESOME! Ill see you guys on the board!

David.

PS.. little backround.. I am from Dayton OH, and am EX- Army 101st.. 26 years old and ready to stop workin for the man! lol

Steve
09-14-2009, 12:01 PM
Hi David,

Welcome to our forum!

What was the thing that made you decide to start your own business? Was there any one thing?

arthur712
09-14-2009, 05:38 PM
Welcome to the forum David!!

dkwillie02
09-15-2009, 07:40 AM
My current boss. He is the kind of guy that likes to talk down to everyone and is an extremely unpleasant person to work with or for.. Aftar a little time in the service with people yelling at me all the time and now this guy, I decided it ws time to try and work for myself.. Ive been thinking about it for years to do this, I was just recently pushed over the edge enough to go for it..

Hi David,

Welcome to our forum!

What was the thing that made you decide to start your own business? Was there any one thing?

Steve
09-15-2009, 03:23 PM
What are you doing to promote your business so far?

dkwillie02
09-16-2009, 11:55 AM
What are you doing to promote your business so far?

Well, we dont have alot of equipment right now so we are not trying to take on to much to fast.. So we are going by word of mouth from friends and family, and we are also distributing 100 flyers door to door once a week. We need to keep our full time job right now since this season is reaching its end, and we will turn up the promoting over the winter to try and get more business by next season. Right now we are only working with two self propelled push mowers 26'' cut, 2 weed eaters, back pack blower and gas edger.. Obviously for next season we will upgrade to some walk behinds or zero turns. Any advice to go about this better would be awesome.

Steve
09-16-2009, 01:33 PM
Any advice to go about this better would be awesome.

In the past we talked about whether it's a good idea to promote military service in a section called about us.

What's your view on this? Do you think you should promote it? Would it help line up customers who would be thankful for the time you served in the military?

lawncrafter56
09-16-2009, 09:41 PM
Greetings David, always nice to have new people interested in an outdoor work ethic.:)