PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Charleston, SC

gsquare
09-13-2009, 11:07 PM
Hello All,

My name is Gonzalo, I am about to start my landscaping service and pressure washing company. I am in Charleston SC.

I am going insane!!! now I see lawncare pickup trucks everywhere... I have lots of competition, any advise??

I sent the paperwork to register the company and Im currently working on my website while giving the last tuchup to my business plan, this is overwhelming!!! My wife is helping a lot but still is a lot to have the company running in 1 month.

I know fall is not the best time to start but the sooner I get in the market the faster my name will be around so when the high season comes I will have more experience and known enough to take more customers.

Thanks for reading me and I will appreciate any suggestions!!! I will keep you guys updated with my new challenge.

Regards

Gonzalo G
G Squared Landscaping Services
www.gsquaredlandscapingservices.com (pretty soon) :)

Steve
09-14-2009, 10:52 AM
Hi Gonzalo,

Welcome to our forum!

What got you to start your own business?

What kinds of things are you planning on doing to market your business?

gsquare
09-14-2009, 11:43 AM
Hey Steve,

I got laid off back in March and decided to never ever again work for somebody. Instead, I have decided to start working for me.

I love landscaping and taking care of my lawn and I know that I am going to love owning my own company especially taking care of other people lawns!!!!

To market myself I am planning to to some door hangers and flyers (about 3K)
I also going to try to introduce myself to HOAs in the area and property managment to see if I can get a big account or 2; and the most important one is mouth to mouth and doing a kick a.. job so people get jelous of their neighbours and start calling me :).

I also going to print so signs (like the for rent, for sale) for the yards I service, I dont know if you guys have tries that before and if it has good results.

Thanks for any advise in advance.

P.S I am working on my website right know and I am having issues with the home page wording. I want to have something catchy and professional, any sugg is welcome.

Gonzalo
G Squared Landscaping
www.gsquaredlandscapingservices.com

Steve
09-14-2009, 11:50 AM
I also going to print so signs (like the for rent, for sale) for the yards I service, I dont know if you guys have tries that before and if it has good results.

Can you tell us more about this? How do you use for rent sales to promote your business?

P.S I am working on my website right know and I am having issues with the home page wording. I want to have something catchy and professional, any sugg is welcome.

Did you look at any of my free web templates (http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=7218) yet? They might give you ideas for what to include in your website.

gsquare
09-14-2009, 11:55 AM
Its a sign that will have the company logo and contact information. I will put it up to every yard I service for a while. this of course with the property owner concent.

As soon as I have the template ready I will upload it here to share it with you guys.

BTW, thanks for the web templates!!!

Gonzalo

Steve
09-14-2009, 12:11 PM
Its a sign that will have the company logo and contact information. I will put it up to every yard I service for a while. this of course with the property owner concent.

Ohhhhh I am sorry about that, I thought you meant the sign will have 'for rent' on it LOL. I understand now.

I am looking forwards to seeing your new site!

arthur712
09-14-2009, 04:39 PM
Hi Gonzalo, Welcome to the forum!!!!

gsquare
09-14-2009, 07:35 PM
Thanks Arthur!!

LOL no problem Steve, the sign actually look very similar to the sign on the left of Arthurs signature banner but a little bit smaller. And yeah its called a Yard sign!!! :D

Regards,

Gonzalo

Steve
09-14-2009, 09:46 PM
Hi Gonzalo,

Are you connected with your community in any way? Are you a member of any organizations that you can socially network through? Hand out business cards and stuff like that?

gsquare
09-15-2009, 08:33 AM
Unfortunately no but as soon as i get my business cards I will start giving them to everybody!

This week I am buying the equipment. I am getting an 6x10 enclosed trailer, Iím also getting a new pushed mower (Toro or Husvarqna) getting a ZTR (John Deer) trimmer, edger and all that stuff. I might wait on the ZTR until I get a big enough account that would need to use it.

Im also getting my pressure washing kit with Northerntools, a cold waster 4PSI 4GPM belt driven honda.

Any suggestion on equipment? Iím so ready to start but still waiting on the LLC docs to arrive and sign up for insurance. Iím also getting certified for pesticides and all that stuff.

Website looking better but still not convincing, help!!

Thanks

Gonzalo

www.gsquaredlandscapingservices.com

Steve
09-15-2009, 02:25 PM
It sounds like you are doing great. Experiment with the equipment you are getting there and then scale up as needed.

lawncrafter56
09-15-2009, 04:10 PM
Greetings Gonzalo Welcome to the best lawn care forum on the net!

wolfie:)

gsquare
09-18-2009, 08:43 PM
Thanks!!! Already got the LLC docs and going to visit some credit unions next week for a small loan. I think Im going to be in business in about 3 weeks.
I will post my update middle of next week.

Steve
09-19-2009, 01:05 PM
What kinds of things are on your list that you want to get and how much would all that go for?

I bet there are a lot of readers in the same boat right now as you and would like to figure out how to do all this.

gsquare
09-29-2009, 04:08 PM
Hello All!!!

I contacted a local insurance broker to get quote for insurance for my landscaping and pressure washing business and she called me today to give me the quote.

For $1 million of liability coverage she quoted me $2100 /year

We are a start up comany but that still sounds like excesive to me. Can you guys share any tips or companies you may know? I have been reading in this forum and other that people pay about $500 a year.

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

Gonzalo

Steve
09-29-2009, 05:10 PM
Maybe try and contact this insurance company?

Acuity insurance: one million in liability insurance for $575.00 annually.
That's in Wisconsin.

From this post.

http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=9858

gsquare
09-29-2009, 07:40 PM
Thanks but they have no agents for the SC area.

gsquare
10-26-2009, 09:47 AM
Hello all.

I need help to edit animated banners

http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=6659

Thanks

Steve
10-27-2009, 03:26 AM
Have you tried the online animated banner editor (http://www.gopherforum.com/uploaded-files/pages/lawn-care-banner.php) here?