PDA

View Full Version : 3AM Surprise

swstout
09-13-2009, 10:58 AM
At 3AM this morning, I was awoken to someone banging on my door. Our dog, who usually goes crazy when someone is at the door was at the door just wagging his tail. No barks, no jumping up and down. Totally strange behavior for him.

When I opened the door, there was my youngest son - back from his third tour of Iraq! He looked at me and said, "know where I can get a cold beer?"

No call, no letter, no email. Just a well planned surprise. No one in the family knew, not even his wife! He was supposed to rotate out 2 months ago!

He had put on about 30 pounds of muscle and looks great. Great except for a beautiful black eye (that he won't tell us about - just that it had nothing to do with the Army).

His first stop was to see his wife, where he loaded her and his son up and drove directly here. At 8 this morning he started calling the rest of the family.

He has 60 days leave and then goes to Texas to be an instructor for the troops.

Steve

picframer
09-13-2009, 12:42 PM
Congradulations, man you must have been shocked, I would have been beyond words!!!! Enjoy the time together, you must be beside yourself with your grandson there also!

Steve
09-13-2009, 12:55 PM
That is fantastic news! I am glad to hear he is back!

Any chance he could be working with you in the future?

swstout
09-13-2009, 01:37 PM
Congradulations, man you must have been shocked, I would have been beyond words!!!! Enjoy the time together, you must be beside yourself with your grandson there also!

This is the first time we actually have seen him. Pictures and videos only until this morning.

Steve

swstout
09-13-2009, 01:41 PM
That is fantastic news! I am glad to hear he is back!

Any chance he could be working with you in the future?

Very doubtful. At this time, he is planning a career in the military. Just re-inlisted again (that is how he got the instructor position). He loves Texas anyway.

Steve

CHEESE2009
09-14-2009, 11:50 AM
That is fantastic!

I know if it were me, the black eye would have been from the wife!

He must have some very interesting stories to tell!

You must be very proud of your son!

Fresh Cut
10-02-2009, 03:35 AM
I want a dog. :(

Green2Green
10-02-2009, 08:24 AM
I'm sure you'll enjoy your time together.

Tell your son THANK YOU for his service, professionalism, and the many sacrafices that go with being an American Soldier.

May God Bless, Protect, Guide, and watch over ALL of our men and women in the United States Armed Forces.

fldodger
10-02-2009, 08:09 PM
That is a great surprise, Also shows you how smart your dog is. You have to be a one proud parent.

God Bless him and all the other serving our Country.