PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for the support on Post! Other questions.....

Jenna's Lawn Care
09-08-2009, 01:53 AM
Thanks for the support and ideas on my previous post! As for equipment, urrently, I only have a riding mower (Husq, with a bagger...), a trimmer (husq), and a few pruning tools. It looks like I will need a blower that I will pick up this week.

How do I find out about the chemicals? Seeding? Pruning? I have experience working my house, parent's, sister's (but no "clients" yet).

Since this is the end of the season, I was thinking about doing a few for free to get the name out, but also wondering about leaf removal (disposal). Any thoughts or concerns on this?

(I do have a quad with a plow, it does handle the small jobs, but it doesnt work as well as full size trucks (snow removal is great, but ice, not so good....should this be something to consider as well?)

Steve
09-08-2009, 10:07 AM
How do I find out about the chemicals?

Maybe you could go with organic fertilizers so you wouldn't have to bother with chemicals. There is a bunch of information on here on that topic if you search for organic lawn care.

Since this is the end of the season, I was thinking about doing a few for free to get the name out, but also wondering about leaf removal (disposal). Any thoughts or concerns on this?

How does your town handle leaf collection? Do they take leaves that are raked to the curb? Do they take it bagged? Do you have a township recycling center? Maybe you could dump it there?

(I do have a quad with a plow, it does handle the small jobs, but it doesnt work as well as full size trucks (snow removal is great, but ice, not so good....should this be something to consider as well?)

If you get snow and this is something you could offer, it would be great. That way you get your name out during the Winter. That would make it easier for you to roll those customers over to lawn care in the Spring.

Get some flyers put together and hand them out in your neighborhood. Also get business cards made. Once you start getting a few customers, they will talk and you will find yourself getting more.

Keep us posted!

StartALawnCareBusiness
09-08-2009, 09:02 PM
Many new lawn care business owners attempt to skirt legal regulations when dealing with chemical applications. Proper understanding of mixing instructions, application rates, cautions, and warning will put you head and shoulders above the rest.

If you are interested in chemical application, call your local Agricultural Extension office. If you have a phone book handy you will see their number in the blue pages.

If you have further questions about it, just let us know.

Good luck:

Keith
Start A Lawn Care Business (http://www.StartALawnCareBusiness.com)

swstout
09-08-2009, 09:06 PM
Maybe you could go with organic fertilizers so you wouldn't have to bother with chemicals. There is a bunch of information on here on that topic if you search for organic lawn care.

This might help. http://www.swstout.com/organic_lawn_care.html

Steve