PDA

View Full Version : Howdy

All Terrian landscaping
09-07-2009, 11:03 PM
Just wanted to say Howdy to Ya'll im brand new to the site an am in the process of starting my own landscaping buisness... I'm Sure ya'll will be a huge help...... Thanks in advance

Steve
09-08-2009, 09:44 AM
Hi C&D,

Welcome to our forum!

What got you to start your lawn care business? What parts of it have you found easy to get going so far and which parts have been tougher?

All Terrian landscaping
09-09-2009, 12:17 AM
Honestly, ive only been good at three things in my life... Snowplowin, pullin trailers, and mowin grass... and when i put all them together and relized it was really unlikley that i could become a doctor, lol, i found a good friend and am now taking some classes at the local tech school to get a couple landscaping certificates... The easy part is going to be doing the work, the hardest thing is goin out there and finding work, in todays economy, that work aint always there

Steve
09-09-2009, 11:03 AM
Well I am glad you are here!

What kinds of things have you been doing so far to attract new customers?

All Terrian landscaping
09-10-2009, 12:41 AM
Wasting gas rite now haha with snow season rite around the corner ive been looking for customers for that, I actually bagged my first commercial lot today (heck ya) an have been passing out buisness cards to anyone i see outside while i drive to an from my two jobs i have rite now, hopefully some of the snowplowing clients will us me for some landscaping come next year... hopefully

Steve
09-10-2009, 11:26 AM
That is fantastic on getting your first customer.

How did you land them? Flyers? Business Cards? Something else?

All Terrian landscaping
09-10-2009, 09:59 PM
I stoped in asked if they had someone that plowed for them, when they said yes instead of just walking out, i asked if they were happy with him an they said no.... (He oversalted and did more ploing then he had to for the extra pay) so i left a buisness card and gave them a rough quote, 4 days later, Yesterday, i stoped back in an talked to the manager, and now i have one for sure commerciall and one for sure resdiential and it hasnt even dipped below 40 yet:D

Steve
09-11-2009, 11:43 AM
That is fantastic!

Will you be offering any other services this fall and winter besides snow plowing?

All Terrian landscaping
09-13-2009, 01:37 AM
Well ill be open to pretty much anything that makes a buck during the winter, mostly snowplowing, salting, hopefully snow removal If i can use my buddy skidsteer or find a cheap one on craigslist.

Steve
09-13-2009, 12:52 PM
Well keep up the great job with everything I think this winter is going to work out well for you.

Keep us posted.