PDA

View Full Version : Another client request

picframer
09-07-2009, 06:33 PM
Granted this might not appeal to many as a source of income however....

Background.....I graduated high school in a small town in New Brunswick in 1979, asked dad if I could work on my uncles dairy far in Alberta before University, did, had a blast, rebuilt a 1947 Minnopolas tractor with a loader to clean out the barns.

So driving home this evening I get a call, two months ago we did an excavation job for a guy who wanted to expand his horse pasture. Anyhow he asked if we have the equipment to clean out the paddock (sp??) and barns, I said we do and although I did this as a teenager it isn't something we have advertised or considered, his reply was well you should as many of us do not have loaders and can't find anyone to do it. I said ok what are you willing to pay per hour?? His reply was $125. for a man with a loader or whatever you want to use and if you do a good job I know a dozen farmers that will hire you.

Anyhow I said I would have a look on the weekend, it's a 45 min drive from my house which is about our boundary.

Well if you have some small hobby farms around it may be something to look into, depending on the size of the farm it can take quite a few days to do.

Steve
09-08-2009, 08:35 AM
I don't know much about farming at all. I guess you would take the front loader and clean out stalls with it?

picframer
09-08-2009, 08:19 PM
I don't know much about farming at all. I guess you would take the front loader and clean out stalls with it?

Basically yes, just pile it, no one seems to want to do it and hobby farms can't afford the gear to do it

Steve
09-09-2009, 09:42 AM
I think that is another great idea! Keep us posted if you start offering this.