PDA

View Full Version : Shut Up Customer!!!

CHEESE2009
09-07-2009, 03:32 PM
How do you get your clients to stop TALKING to you?

Last week & this week I've had LIFE discussions with just about every customer.

They all stop & ask the usual, which is fine. But when it exceeds 5 minutes, I get annoyed.

I had a customer trying to sell her products to me today, talks for 30 minutes dammit!

She works for one of those scam/pyramid services. "You get me customers, you get paid, I get paid" bla bla bla.

She invited me to a meeting on Wednesday to look more into this business.

I DON'T WANT TO GO, but this customer pays a lot of money for lawn service & if I lost her, I wouldn't be able to buy my beer & go to the movies.

She said I'll receive a free sample of the product they advertise, so I said I will go.

Free sounds good, I don't even know what it is, I pretended to listen to her lecture.. As the only thing I thought about was my mower idling in the back yard.

So she said some good things, the only things I remember; "Another source of income, free, meeting, easy, good product, Wednesday at 7:15)

LOL.......

This customer didn't even bother to pay me today (pay day), nor did she offer me a Pepsi like my favorite customer would do!!!:p

ANYWAY, can't get customers to shut up, how do you do it? I lost my touch, I have a friendly face! They really sucker me into listening, I always say the wrong thing which makes them think I'm interested!!!

majoe7
09-07-2009, 08:17 PM
Scott,

When I have a client that starts talking a lot and it sarts burning up my time, I do two things.

1. I hand them a piece of equipment and ask them to help me get caught up.

2. I bust out the back pack blower and start blowing the area they are standing at. It seems to move them. You know the Back Pack Blower Baby. :D

Seriously thou, I do have some who like to chat a little bit and I look forward to our conversations but they tend to know when the talk needs to end.

John

XtreemGreen
09-07-2009, 08:43 PM
Look at your watch or phone and say " **** I gotta get this finished, I have about 10 more to do today" or "**** I gotta get this finished I have a Doctors app at such and such time"...

Saddlewood
09-07-2009, 09:41 PM
I usually pull the fake phone call bit and add in the "I'm sorry, this is call I've been expecting, I really have to take this one". From there, I usually walk around the other side of the house where my mower or equipment might be, kill a minute or so, then finish up. Depending on the customer, I'll follow up after I get all done and if it's one of those that I know is a talker, I follow up with an apology phone call while driving to my next job.

Customer sure can talk thought! I've also got one that I try and time just right making my best effort to miss him! When I have to do his yard, I only hope he's not home!

CHEESE2009
09-07-2009, 09:48 PM
2. I bust out the back pack blower and start blowing the area they are standing at. It seems to move them. You know the Back Pack Blower Baby. :D

this just might work!!!!!!!!

mark123
09-07-2009, 11:19 PM
Whatever you do, do NOT go to that meeting. They will not leave you alone. It will cost you everything if you join.

Which scam is it?

You should ask at the beginning, to whomever is giving the presentation, who you should make the bill out for your time there. I just want to know what they say. :D

CHEESE2009
09-07-2009, 11:38 PM
Whatever you do, do NOT go to that meeting. They will not leave you alone. It will cost you everything if you join.

Which scam is it?

You should ask at the beginning, to whomever is giving the presentation, who you should make the bill out for your time there. I just want to know what they say. :D

I've been to a meeting like this a long time ago. Something with a cell phone company. An unknown cell phone company. They mentioned Donald Trump 1000 times just to add effect & gain followers.

It really pisses me off. I wish we could all go just to watch the wolf lead the sheep. I for one will never sign anything or agree to join.

If I needed another source of income, to get paid to do nothing, bla bla bla... When you deal with money, almost everything is too good to be true.

I would sell merchandise off EBAY if I needed some extra cash.

My customer said, "The guy who will be speaking at the meeting makes $10,000 a month"

SUCH B.S!!!! ... I wanted to say so many bad words to her. Trying to push this crap on me, pshh!!!

It's hard when it's a customer... damn

HERE IS THE WEBSITE LINK:

www.univera.com

Steve
09-08-2009, 08:57 AM
Couldn't you also start up your leaf blower and slowly begin to aim it at them? They might not notice, but it would be hard to hear them if it was blowing straight in their face.

http://www.blowersstrong.com/fd-251_187/i-687474703A2F2F7374617469632E666C69636B722E636F6D2F 323132382F323335303335383934355F306237336266336163 622E6A7067/rc-191919_rrrr_10/ph153286_251x187.jpg

You could also start doing the pee-pee dance.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_FZ77Aj4g6Q4/R_rXhECULAI/AAAAAAAAB8I/r0JoWb8BVns/s400/100_0185.JPG

CHEESE2009
09-08-2009, 07:10 PM
I love how on the site in fine print, it states that the products were not approved by the FDA, & have no proof of actually working.

I got a message on my phone from the customer;

"Bla bla bla, there is an entrance fee of $5.00"

ALREADY trying to rip me off.

Entrance fee $5.00

Starter Kit to sell to my customers, $400.00

Relationship marketing? So I have to lose my friends, family, & clients by pushing unapproved products on them? No thanks!

Seann
09-08-2009, 07:43 PM
My "best friend" tried to push Amway and some other business on my wife and i. Stated he wanted to show us a "better" way of life. He was always looking for a quick buck and figuring out how to get out of actual work. When i went to his house for a presentation i asked him why he had 6 cases of ketchup in his pantry.... He went on and on about all the bonus points he rec'd for buying extra. I laughed and said c-ya. He tried a couple other times to pitch his products but finally stopped and we are no longer friends. How come i dont have people coming to my house to pitch Bud Light!!!

Steve
09-09-2009, 09:40 AM
Scott,

This is Jared and he has a very important message for you LOL

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lhk57QcahFU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lhk57QcahFU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>