PDA

View Full Version : Goals!

CHEESE2009
09-07-2009, 02:34 AM
Hey everyone!

This is the General Talk thread & I thought it would be best to keep business talk out of this post, at least. It'll be very healthy, believe me!

I figure that we should set up some goals for ourselves, outside of work.

A goal can be anything, big or small. It can be creative or very basic. Having a goal is what is important for us to fully enjoy our lives.

Do I wanna focus on business 100% of my life? Yes, but no!

There have been several things I've been wanting to do in my life that I've put off for all sorts of reasons, & the only way to get them done is with support through GOPHER FRIENDS :D :D :D lmao...

So maybe you want to put some money aside, but you have a habit of dipping into your savings, now you can't take that sweet vacation!

Maybe you want to lose 10 pounds, or even gain 10 pounds of lean mass.

Maybe you want to take your wife or girlfriend on a random but awesome date, & reading this might just inspire you to do so!

Just by doing something random, yet positive, can be very productive.

If I spend $100.00 of dinner & a movie, it's a waste of money to many, but to me & my standards, it was a night of luxury! It's giving yourself a gift for being yourself!

So why not come up with a short & long term goal you would like to achieve, & we'll all go along for the ride?!

I'll start!

________

I used to be very athletic. I grew up watching Arnold Schwarzenegger movies, & I basically own every one of them. As I got older, I realized how one would be able to change their body.

Times weren't so easy growing up, a house full of smokers & tons of unhealthy meals being served.

I weighed 180lbs, I lard *** give or take. LOL. Though I never had anyone bug me about it, everyone was my friend growing up. (I was lucky)

In half a year, living with my father (parents divorced) he wasn't able to afford fast food delivery unlike my mother & my stepfather.

I was stuck eating nothing but rice for a few days. I had nothing to do but bike around the neighborhood & flirt with chicks, it worked well because I was the "new guy" at school. Haha! :p

I went back to my mothers later on & I weighed 147lbs.

That's 33 pounds in a few months!

I hardly realized because I didn't recall what I had looked like before. I guess it was better because I did some exercising at my dads also, he had the whole set up, but I enjoyed the punching bag the most!

Anyway, at my mothers I promised myself I wouldn't give into their ways. NO MORE UNHEALTHY EATING!

With every dollar I spent, I would buy workout equipment. I now have a gym in my home worth tons of money. Cross Trainer, Treadmill, a whole workout machine, tons of free weights, bench press, etc.

Anyway, times have been tough. As a kid I grew up around smokers & have always been curious as to what they think "addiction" is.

I thought I'd give smoking a try to see it for myself.

The first cigarette I had was at 12 years old. Though that was after I tried smoking pine needles wrapped in painters tape. Anyway, I didn't smoke after that until next year when I hung out with friends to try it.

Smoking gave me a sense of freedom of sense of WOW. Not smoking in general, but doing it behind my parents back was a neat feeling.

So I never got addicted. YET.

I grew older & around 14 years old, I bought my first pack of cigarettes. (I had a full beard when I walked into the store)

I smoked the first one & didn't feel anything, but I wanted to get my moneys worth & make sure I smoke them all!

Smoking then became the thing I wanted to do on my spare time, it still gave me that strange feeling! Being reckless was fun!

15 years old... My friends & I started purchasing beer! Well, cigarettes seemed to go hand in hand with alcohol!

So from 15 years old I was hooked. I did attempt to quit but realized every time there was a gap in my life, the cigarette would fill it up nicely. So I knew that-THAT was the addiction everyone talks about.

I quit when I was 18 years old, for 12 months. I became very athletic once again & went down to 137lbs.

I got my Personal Trainer Spe******t Certification immediately. Took 3 full cpr & first aid courses, & made some decent money.

Being very athletic cost me a lot. I was angry all of the time, living with my parents bugged the hell out of me. They didn't eat what I needed to eat, I was always tempted to give in to their stashes of junk food. I stopped seeing my friends, they were all smokers & drinkers & I couldn't be apart of it. It wasn't my lifestyle, but at the same time IT WAS!!! ARGGG!!!

Now I was completely anti-social for a full year. I was losing my mind.

SUDDENLY at 19 years old, I meet a girl, & we hook up. It became my new interest. I lost the will power/want to work out & started smoking soon after I began hanging out with my friends again.

I finally had no will power to work out, or to quit smoking. For a recap, I went from 180lbs down to 137lbs, and then I gave up & messed myself up. I'm 150-155lbs currently.

It's hard to get back into it after already losing awesome gains like I have had.

I also think that I was never truly happy trying to be healthy, being a drinker/smoker is maybe what keeps me going!

Though I do some times get back into being athletic, it's just not a thing I can do for long without getting bored or feeling pain in my busted shoulder.

________

ANYWAY, the goal for me is to get back in shape & get an awesome body! I wanna be able to wear man thongs to work, & be tough enough to get away with it! LMFAO

Which means:

Immediate Goal: Get my busted shoulder fixed:mad:
Short Term Goal: Quit Smoking:D
Long Term Goal: Get the body I want baby!:eek:

I will keep all of you updated!

NOW POST YOUR GOALS & WHAT NOT!!!

Write a motivational story if you'd like!!!

Steve
09-07-2009, 09:57 AM
As I was reading your story, it made me think of another Canadian who got into body building and working out when he was younger. Joe Weider.

Josef Weider (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Weider) - Born November 29, 1919 (1919-11-29) - (age 89) - Montreal, Quebec, Canada

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/2/27/JoeWeiderPortrait.jpg/225px-JoeWeiderPortrait.jpg

He created the Muscle & Fitness, Flex Magazine and others. He also created the Mr. Olympia body building competition. Arnold Schwarzenegger was brought over to the United States by Joe. He also got Arnold into movie making!

If you like reading, there is a great biography on him and his brother Ben. These guys might really inspire you. Their childhood wasn't much different than your, which goes to show you, you can do anything you want!