PDA

View Full Version : Can't say I like the new forum format!

swstout
09-05-2009, 09:40 PM
I can't say I like the new forum format! Played with it trying to get back to the old, easy to use and understand format, without success. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I think it has now been fixed beyond repair.

Steve

Steve
09-05-2009, 09:45 PM
I think you might be right. I was playing around with it and tried to experiment with different elements but I might just change it all back tomorrow.

swstout
09-05-2009, 09:49 PM
Thank you!!!!!

Steve

SuperiorPower
09-05-2009, 09:49 PM
yea I don't like it either. Too many advertisements if you ask me. That is something that I am avoiding on my forum altogether at this time and if i ever do place them on my forum, I plan to try to keep them to a minimum. At this time I don't think adverts are even an option on my forum. Anyway, I don't much care for this format....

breslinnet
09-06-2009, 12:01 AM
Are we actually talking about the addition of some new ads or a breakdown in the code or both?? What I see(and may be browser specific) is that there are a series of left side nav links in tables for advertising. One of those appears to have a trailing series of code that is incorrect or incomplete as it shows as text on the page indicating an error. Is that the issue or has it alwats been there?? Regardless; it forces the most recent post into a table about 3/4 the size of the rest and does a page break the length of that table of links for advertising. It leaves me about an 800px spot of white space between posts and is virtually unreadable.

arthur712
09-06-2009, 12:13 AM
yea I don't like it either. Too many advertisements if you ask me. That is something that I am avoiding on my forum altogether at this time and if i ever do place them on my forum, I plan to try to keep them to a minimum. At this time I don't think adverts are even an option on my forum.

Eli, I thought you said I could have the whole top Banner on your forum!!!! HAHA LOL

Just Kidding!

SuperiorPower
09-06-2009, 01:25 AM
Eli, I thought you said I could have the whole top Banner on your forum!!!! HAHA LOL

Just Kidding!

Well I am not one to go back on my word but....... This is how its gonna be now... lol:D