PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

CHEESE2009
09-05-2009, 12:29 AM
What would you do if this SUPER company took all of your work & every other companies work, lawn service & everything else we do?

One big national service taking over & killing us off.

The catch, we aren't hired & never will be.

Imagine unbeatable prices for everyone, you will never be able to make a profit. All of your best customers switched & your crappy ones are about to as well.

The Walmart of household service.

It's not really a good question, more of something I just thought of. Like an evil emperor taking all of the power.

IMAGINE IF YOU OWNED THE COMPANY? LOL, your cruel.

Steve
09-05-2009, 09:42 AM
Very interesting question.

Tell me your thoughts on why you think that hasn't all ready happened?

golfnpreacher
09-05-2009, 10:48 PM
As long as we live in a free market, there will be a place for competition. Just as some people shun Wally World because it is impersonal, other flock there because of the price. The same would be true if this "super company" were to ever occur.

arthur712
09-05-2009, 11:28 PM
Ya, I am working on selling them 5 Million Vehicle card Holders. LOL

I could not see this happening. You may get small companies that have 10-20 trucks, but nothing like Walmart. Like Steve said why you think that hasn't all ready happened?

majoe7
09-06-2009, 11:42 AM
why you think that hasn't all ready happened?

Honestly it has already happened. Companies like Scotts, TruGreen, Middleton and Massey are offering complete lawn care services. They are primary fertilizer/pest control but are dipping into the lawn care service part of it. Scotts just purchased a major Lawn and Fert. CO. in Europe to expand their market share.

This one company I know of has one primary LCO in the specific area (Zip Code) to refer you to for client services. You have the zip code area as your own area and no one else from this company enters your market. The clients call the 1-800 number and they contact the provider in that area to come by. They have standards and review your company with a fine tooth comb. Maybe this is a good thing, but I wonder how much you would have to pay them or how much they pay you for the service. Say you charge the clients $100 a month and they take what %, or do they collect the money and pay you a %. They are big into marketing. They have a lengthy video to watch, itís interesting.

I believe that there is a lot of work out there for the LCO and always will be. A lot of folks like the Mom and Pops companies and the personal touch they receive compared to the big companies. Like it was stated, some like Wally World and some donít.

John

picframer
09-06-2009, 08:42 PM
It wonít happen for one simple reason, there will never be one company that can satisfy the needs of every customer, think about any industry from vehicles to telephones, yes some of the companies are massive but there is always competition, why do we need more than one bank for example??

As for me, I donít shop Wallie Mart, never have and never will, same with some of the big box stores like Lowes and Home Depot, if I have to I go there, otherwise I support the smaller mom and pop hardware stores, same when I buy fuel, I buy from a Nova Scotia family owned chain.

swstout
09-06-2009, 09:38 PM
Hey, it's already happening here in the US. One big company taking over - healthcare, banking, the auto industry, utilities, etc. What is that big company? The Government! Only lower prices won't be part of the equation.

Steve

SuperiorPower
09-06-2009, 10:15 PM
Hey, it's already happening here in the US. One big company taking over - healthcare, banking, the auto industry, utilities, etc. What is that big company? The Government! Only lower prices won't be part of the equation.

Steve

Truer words have never been spoken.... They are not interested in lower prices like Walmart claims to be.... Anything you get from the Government is less quality/product for more money. If they can't take your money through taxes they will take it by taking over companies and keeping the profits for themselves...