PDA

View Full Version : Need a service to offer because the grass cutting season is almost over?

goldy
09-02-2009, 08:48 PM
If someone out there have any advice on a service i can offer in the fall and winter months please feel free to reply! I do offer fall clean up but i need something after that so i can keep the money coming in, i don"t want to do the snow thing this year i"m not able to offer that at this time.

swstout
09-02-2009, 09:17 PM
If someone out there have any advice on a service i can offer in the fall and winter months please feel free to reply! I do offer fall clean up but i need something after that so i can keep the money coming in, i don"t want to do the snow thing this year i"m not able to offer that at this time.

Real Estate companies banks have a surplus of vacant homes because of this economy and all the foreclosures. These homes need winterizing so they don't have burst pipes, etc.

These properties also offer opportunities for cosmetic improvements. Painting and rug shampooing to name just a few.

Note: these properties do not have power hooked up in them. I have a 1000 watt inverter on my vehicles that will supply the needed power at a cost less than buying a generator.

You will have to have a 2 million dollar liability insurance policy for jobs with Real Estate companies and banks (at least you do here in SC).

Steve

Steve
09-03-2009, 03:49 PM
Hi Goldy,

Welcome to our forum.

How about gutter cleaning? Dryer vent cleaning? Outdoor holiday decorations?

picframer
09-03-2009, 05:42 PM
The best way I found to offer a new service is to ask the client, I simply state I am in the process of exploring other services and was wondering if I may have your input, thinking about things you have to do around the yard, what is the one task you would like to go away? If they said something like clean my garage, I would state that is interesting as a few people have suggested that, just curious, what would you be willing to pay to have that done? If the suggested amount is reasonable, jump on it.

Steve
09-04-2009, 08:46 AM
Andy,

From your experience, what services popped up by asking your customers? Are they services you were considering at the time or were they services that you had never even thought of?

picframer
09-04-2009, 10:24 AM
Andy,

From your experience, what services popped up by asking your customers? Are they services you were considering at the time or were they services that you had never even thought of?

Both....

Pressure washing - never crossed my mind, clients complain as the big box store units do not do a good job

Recycling Bins - Never crossed my mind

Leaf Vacuum - thought about it but had to find the fool proof machine that was priced within reason

Drains - Thought about it but there are so many mini excavators around I din't want to invest thirty grand in a machine and let it set, did anyhow, took off, now have two excavators

Tree cutting - a lot of companies in the busniess, then it came to me I could beat them on pricing and still make good money...how??? stand alone chippers will run $20,000 plus, I can buy ones for the tractors for $5,000, bought two then had to buy a stand along as we could not meet demand

Digging pools and fish ponds - never thought of it

digging fence posts - assumed there were many out there doing it, I was wrong, ended up buying three units

Some stuff I am just not interested in

Chimney cleaning
Cleaning out a garage
Painting a deck
general handyman duties
building a fence - I get asked at least twice a week

There are probably others but that is what comes to mind

arthur712
09-04-2009, 05:32 PM
Welcome to the Forum Goldy, Looks like the forum members are giving you alot of great advise here.

Auto Detailing?

My wife make extra cash by going to yard sales or Auctions and buying thing cheap, and selling them on ebay. Sometimes she makes about a Grand a month, and she does not work hard at all. Except when it come to taking care of me! LOL

Good Luck!!

Steve
09-05-2009, 09:39 AM
Recycling Bins - Never crossed my mind

What is this?