PDA

View Full Version : insurance

jasonw
09-02-2009, 12:19 PM
Holly crap I cant believe these prices. I was just quoted $100 per month for Liability insurance. They are getting back to me about the workman's comp but I expect the same type of high prices. No wander small businesses cant survive in California. They leave us no choice than to take huge risks and work illegally.

justin_time
09-02-2009, 01:13 PM
I pay about 775$ for the whole year for 1 million $ coverage.

I pay in 3 different payments.

jasonw
09-02-2009, 02:16 PM
I pay about 775$ for the whole year for 1 million $ coverage.

I pay in 3 different payments.

This was 1200 per year for 150K in coverage. They went up to 3 million in coverage but said the higher the coverage the more expensive it is.

justin_time
09-02-2009, 02:40 PM
That's California for ya i guess

Little's
09-02-2009, 09:33 PM
You should be able to get $1,000,000 coverage for about $1000 per year. I pay $1500 per year but I am covered to do tree work and climbing, brush clearing, etc. Thats $1000 cheaper than anyone else has offered me.

It really pays to shop around. I know you are in CA like me, so call Ralph Amero at Siskiyou Ins. He has always given me the best rates, and I have shopped everywhere. Tell him Brandon Little referred you. His number is 530-224-2345

Steve
09-03-2009, 03:51 PM
Does California require businesses to carry workmans comp or can you opt out?

turfmaster
09-03-2009, 09:00 PM
Acuity insurance: one million in liability insurance for $575.00 annually.
That's in Wisconsin.

GTOWN
10-04-2009, 04:55 PM
I just purchased a $1,000,000 liability coverage thru AF and that includes being covered for snow removal for $350 a year..... I do also just work on my own for NOW... Question is it necessary to get a surety bond and what type of jobs exactly should I have it for? Is it more for commercial contracts?
I noticed that Turf Master Lawn is on this forum I to am from wisconsin and I just started my own lawn service business and I will be going full time next year, the name of my co. is Ultimate Lawn Service LLC. Im located in Washington County I was wondering if you did any sub contracting out to us small guys? if you would keep me in mind in the future for lawn services out this way I would be happy to do jobs for you and I can throw you work also...
Thanks Jason 414-349-0294

turfmaster
10-05-2009, 09:55 AM
I just purchased a $1,000,000 liability coverage thru AF and that includes being covered for snow removal for $350 a year..... I do also just work on my own for NOW... Question is it necessary to get a surety bond and what type of jobs exactly should I have it for? Is it more for commercial contracts?
I noticed that Turf Master Lawn is on this forum I to am from wisconsin and I just started my own lawn service business and I will be going full time next year, the name of my co. is Ultimate Lawn Service LLC. Im located in Washington County I was wondering if you did any sub contracting out to us small guys? if you would keep me in mind in the future for lawn services out this way I would be happy to do jobs for you and I can throw you work also...
Thanks Jason 414-349-0294

Hi Jason and welcome to the forum.
I do not have a surety bond but it certainly wouldn't hurt to have one.
For property maintenance I don't think it is necessary because your mainly supplying labor. If you get more into landscaping or construction where you have more money tied up in materials I would definitely have one.

I am located in Waukesha County. I am a small company also with 3 employees now . I have subbed work out in the past and if I get any leads in your area I will let ya know.

Randy

GTOWN
10-06-2009, 04:52 PM
Hey Randy Thanks for your input... And also thanks a million for keeping me in mind for any jobs out this way I really appreciate it... I will do the same for you if I here of any BIG jobs that I cant handle and I will notify you to see if you would like to take them on.

Jason