PDA

View Full Version : 5580 sq feet turf Installation

justinnic
09-01-2009, 04:06 PM
Here are some photos of a Job that we just finished

Steve
09-01-2009, 04:16 PM
Oh that looks fantastic!

Can you give us a little info on what you did here? What kind of steps did you take before you laid the sod?

How did you land that job?

justinnic
09-02-2009, 03:54 PM
We currently look after the maintenance of the property on behalf of the owner through a Real Estate Agent, I suggested to the Agent that we need to make some changes to the property as the Gardens were in a terrible state from the previous contractor.
I met with the owner when he was here on holidays with the Agent and discussed some ideas for the area in question.
He decided on Turf (Sod) and some small gardens.
We had an Excavator and Bobcat working for appprox 2 days and a couple of Tip trucks to remove the 4,500 cubic feet of fill from the site so we could level it for the Turf.
We had the turf laid and some Concrete Curbing edges put in for the small Gardens.
We installed some plants and Mulched the Gardens.

It works out well for us because we use our X740 John Deere 54" with catcher to mow the property and there is approx 13,000 square feet of grass to mow now, this takes alot less time as before we were always having to spend up to half an hour cleaning all of the rubbish out of the Gardens because there is a Pub at the end of the street, and people used to just walk past and throw there rubbish in the Garden.

The Owner is very happy and so is the Agent, it is good for our company because here were I live the companies like us [B]only[B] mow lawns they never take on work like that, there are much separte companies that do Landscaping.

Look forward to your responses.

Steve
09-02-2009, 09:01 PM
Do you feel you learned something from that install?

When you initially bid it how did the amount of time you thought it would take compare to the actual amount of time it took?

If you could do it over, would you do anything differently?

justinnic
09-06-2009, 04:24 PM
If I was to quote on the job again I would of also included expenses for watering the Turf, it is quite Hot here at the moment and we are having to spend alot of time watering it.

It took more time than I thought it would as quite a few of the other Contractors did not keep to my schedule

lawncrafter56
09-06-2009, 04:42 PM
Removing that old & ugly landscape sure would be a nice way to gett into the excavating line. Clean look with simple future upkeep. Go look for more projects like this. I will! thanks, wolfie

Steve
09-06-2009, 09:11 PM
How many man hours do you think it took total and how many were you initially thinking it would take before you started?