PDA

View Full Version : New Way To Advertise Your Lawn Care Business

majoe7
08-29-2009, 11:54 AM
We have these Ad placements on our local paper about every other week placed on our paper at the bottom center of the papers front page. They are stick on's that adhere to the paper made by (Tab-On Ad).

Everyone and anyone has used this way of marketing their business from Doctors, Handyman, Car Dealerships, Produce Stores and this one "Planet Fitness". Some place ads on the paper twice a month others once in a while. Planet Fitness seems to do one every month. The size is right and the colors work well. The thing I like the most is that everyone is going to see your ad. It is on the front page and if it's in your way of finishing reading your article, then you just peel it off. If you want to keep it, you can restick it to a message board or your refrigerator for future reference.

I donít have any real info on this yet, but Monday I will try to get some info. Our paper reaches about 40k subscriptions and everyone will see this ad. I will ask if you can just target certain areas or will it have to be on every paper? Prices also.

Would any of you use it if the price is right?

Have any of you used it? If so, how did it work and what was the cost of it?

Do you think it promotes and offers your business to future customers in the right way?

Just trying to get some more ideas out there for all of us to make some more
MONEY.

John

MikeO
08-30-2009, 12:23 AM
i have often thought of that myself i see it all the time where i live for internet service. does it work? my only rebuttle is this, would they do it if it didnt make them money? of course not. People do ads because they know it works, i just read in a magazine that lawncare and services as such is ranked #2 as the business to get into. i beleive that fully. I have tried several different avenue's in marketing this year. i have spent some money more then average. i know when the ads come in the paper and i know when they take them out. whats funny is i was beat my a few days and i knew i should have sooner i just said no not yet, Fargo had a major flood made national news thats why i didn't. on the other hand next year...that ad will have a logo saying local fargo company something. but, yeah, i was thinking of the sticker thing in the newspaper i do think it works. try it and see. i think it will work wonders personally speaking of course. how you like ur new toy?

turfmaster
08-30-2009, 08:03 AM
We have these Ad placements on our local paper about every other week placed on our paper at the bottom center of the papers front page. They are stick on's that adhere to the paper made by (Tab-On Ad).

Everyone and anyone has used this way of marketing their business from Doctors, Handyman, Car Dealerships, Produce Stores and this one "Planet Fitness". Some place ads on the paper twice a month others once in a while. Planet Fitness seems to do one every month. The size is right and the colors work well. The thing I like the most is that everyone is going to see your ad. It is on the front page and if it's in your way of finishing reading your article, then you just peel it off. If you want to keep it, you can restick it to a message board or your refrigerator for future reference.

I donít have any real info on this yet, but Monday I will try to get some info. Our paper reaches about 40k subscriptions and everyone will see this ad. I will ask if you can just target certain areas or will it have to be on every paper? Prices also.

Would any of you use it if the price is right?

Have any of you used it? If so, how did it work and what was the cost of it?

Do you think it promotes and offers your business to future customers in the right way?

Just trying to get some more ideas out there for all of us to make some more
MONEY.

John

We have the same sticker type thing here on our newspaper also in fact this spring a local LCO advertised with it "free cuts for a month with sign up for the season".

I thought about calling the newspaper to find out what a ad like that costs.
You can target a certain area only as well. I wonder how the guy did offering a month for free? sounds crazy to me. :D

majoe7
08-30-2009, 05:50 PM
how you like ur new toy?

I am enjoying it a lot. I will say one thing though, I won't be putting in 5 th gear that often. It hauls butt when I throw it in 5th. It works well in long straight cuts. I put a sulky on it and that has been a blessing. I am trying to take a video but it is hard to do by your self. Every time I shoot a video I loose control of the mower. LOL

I am getting back my zero turn later this week after having to put a new motor on it. A rod dropped down and caused it to go kaput. It could have been rebuilt with a short block, but the warranty was only for 90 days compared to a new motor for 2 years. They said that it ran low on oil. The first thing I did along with the mechanic was to pull the stick and it had oil on it past the add level. It also was synthetic oil. Amsol. I just changed out the oil and filter in July. He ran tests on it, checked for leaks, split lines and pressured tested it and that is when the rod fell. The seal was good. I am getting back the old motor and my mechanic and I are going to tear it down to see the cause. Maybe a fluke, but costly. A new motor, new belts and blades, PRICELESS, total cost tax included is $2300 NOT PRICLESS.

I think when Scott (Breeze) hit a brick and I commented that I have been having good luck, I jinxed myself because 3 days later I had this problem.

Life goes on, I just need to keep on working. LOL

John

Steve
08-30-2009, 07:21 PM
Keep us posted on what you find with the costs on those ads.

I would think if you could offer some sort of seasonal service, it could really pop.

Fall cleanups? Gutter cleaning? Things that people are going to put off.

Your ad could say don't put it off! Get those gutters cleaned. Get your irrigation system winterized.

There are many other things you could do as well.

What have you been thinking about promoting?