PDA

View Full Version : Account Clean-Up #1

kdexpd
08-29-2009, 02:02 AM
This account has been an issue with me since I took it on last spring. The owner lives in Chicago and is trying to sell it through a realtor friend of mine. The owner only wanted it mowed every two weeks, against my suggestions, ans it's one of those yards that grows like it's on steroids when nobody ever does anything to it. Well, to make a long story very, very short...my friend and I had a little dissagreement about whether or not the backyard fence should be left down in a spot so I could get my zero turn into it to mow. She thought that it needed to be up in order to sell it, and I explained that if a potential buyer asked, to just explain that it was down so the lawn guy could service the lawn and that he would be more than willing to put it back up when it gets sold. Well, needless to say, things got rocky bewteen me and my friend for about 2 months..I kept telling her that I needed the owner's phone number and she kept telling me that she'd give it to me..nd one thing led to another and the account didn't get mowed. Finally, the owner contacted me and was wondering why she hadn't gotten a bill for 2 months. I explained the problem and we have it all resolved now. This was a pain in my butt. The grass was over 26" in places and it took me a little over 2 hours to get it to look this nice.

Steve
08-29-2009, 04:55 AM
Oh that is very nice! How do you feel your initial estimate compared to the actual time it took to mow the property? Were you dead on or did it take longer?

Did this experience help you fine tune your estimating skills more?

What advice would you have for others when they are looking at an overgrown property like this and trying to figure out how to accurately estimate it?

XtreemGreen
09-07-2009, 09:06 PM
Nice job..

Watch out for the spammers Steve.... ^^^^^

Steve
09-08-2009, 08:41 AM
Thanks, I deleted it. If you see other posts made by spammers, click the notification icon to let me know about it. It looks like this above and to the right of the post area. http://www.gopherforum.com/images/buttons/report.gif

Thank you. :)