PDA

View Full Version : Apprentice is on tonight

Steve
05-15-2006, 08:40 PM
Don't forget to check out The Apprentice tonight.

Steve
05-15-2006, 11:11 PM
Tonight's episode was about promoting the XBox 360 at Wal-Mart Stores.

Both teams did a terrible job. They each were given space at Wal-Mart to display the XBox. Each came up with a different display. One group wanted to create some sort of award ceremony theme with a red carpet. WOW that was bad. Then the other team tried to show all the attachments Wal-Mart sold that worked with the XBox and their display looked amateurish. They were both so bad, I can't believe they put them on the show.

They had an XBox and Wal-Mart representative there to choose the winner and I think they would have liked to say both teams lost.

If you didn't see it yet I don't want to give away who got fired. But basically after this task anyone could have been fired.

The winners got to fly to California and meet Jeffrey Katzenberg who was one of the founders of Dreamworks Studios. Then the winners had their voices recorded for use in a new upcoming computer animated movie. That was neat.

tiedeman
05-15-2006, 11:19 PM
I agree, that both teams failed bad. What is it with having a 360 enclosed area??? That does not attract and welcome people, or really show off the product. Both teams were horrible.

Steve
05-16-2006, 12:14 PM
Quote[/b] ]What is it with having a 360 enclosed area???
I didn't get that either. I think it should have been open to allow for better traffic through the display area.

They should have had a bunch of games hooked up so people could try them out. Not just 3. They could have had at least 5 on each side and have an aisle in the center.

tiedeman
05-16-2006, 01:37 PM
I totally agree. Sure they were trying to incoporate the whole "360" thing, but don't enclose. It seems that every year when I watch apprentice, some team always does the 360 thing and it's stupid. I saw it before with a best buy episode, star wars, and Dicks sporting goods store. That is just three of the top of my head that I know about. And all teams that did those lost if I remember correctly. Horrible!

Steve
05-16-2006, 02:16 PM
It is all fascinating to watch though. You get to see what helps sell products and what detracts from them. Even though the show is designed to entertain I thnk we can all learn from it as well.