PDA

View Full Version : help please

bulldogg
08-27-2009, 06:41 PM
I want to know what people think is the best bang for the buck : yard signs, door hangers or mailings. I am trying to find the best way to spend my money for my fall services marketing.

swstout
08-27-2009, 10:11 PM
I want to know what people think is the best bang for the buck : yard signs, door hangers or mailings. I am trying to find the best way to spend my money for my fall services marketing.

I have tried all of the above plus flyers. I have received the best results advertising in our local paper.

Steve

picframer
08-28-2009, 05:19 AM
I have tried all of the above plus flyers. I have received the best results advertising in our local paper.

Steve

Ditto, our City Halifax considers just outside the city proper as the Municipality, there are 7 sections all within a 30 min drive for me, each of these have a community newspaper, I advertise in two and the results are amazing, I did a large mail drop in the city earlier this year, it was around 5,000 in vary key areas, not one reply.

Steve
08-28-2009, 05:30 AM
Do you think in general newspapers are simply a better marketing option or is this something that varies based on your local competition and what they are doing to market their business?

bulldogg
08-28-2009, 06:21 AM
to be honest, the other lco's in my area do no advertising at all. even the big outfits do no advertising that i know of. they may go door to door or something but no radio or newspaper ads. I live in one of the better neighborhoods and noone has ever come to my door.

Steve
08-29-2009, 04:33 AM
It seems in general, if a lawn care business doesn't have to market themselves, they won't. So all of this could play to your advantage!

It will be very interesting to hear what you discover!

bulldogg
08-29-2009, 07:24 AM
i think that i am going to target one particular neighborhood. it is very upscale with the majority of homeowners being older. their is an over abundance of lco's. a few are legit big companies the others are guys with beat up trucks and cars.

I think i will try all three of the marketing ideas. I will start with just a few yard signs placed at the major intersections, then i will do direct mailings for my fall services and then i will also put a ad in the local paper.

i think this area i am targeting has enough work to keep everyone busy, i just need to get my name outtheir