PDA

View Full Version : Business License

jasonw
08-27-2009, 11:06 AM
Well I figured I am going to paint the town with my fliers. All my jobs are out of my home town and I would prefer to target my town so I made the first step yesterday and applied for a license to do business in town. I am told I should know if its approved or not today. I'm actually kind of nervous. I hope it dose not get shot down but don't know why it would.

Steve
08-27-2009, 12:46 PM
I am told I should know if its approved or not today. I'm actually kind of nervous. I hope it dose not get shot down but don't know why it would.

Did they say what they base their approval on or not? I can't imagine they could just pick and choose who they will give approval to start a business in their town.

jasonw
08-27-2009, 11:46 PM
They tell you nothing other than they will call when it is ready. I was told the planner looks at and approves or disapproves of all of them. Chances are he is going to check the zoning but being a service related business there is no reason for me to get turned down because of zoning.

Steve
08-28-2009, 06:33 AM
That is fascinating! Let us know how this turns out.

jasonw
08-28-2009, 10:14 AM
You will know as soon as I know. Its not looking good though. Today is Friday. I was suppose to get that call by Thursday.

jasonw
09-01-2009, 09:43 AM
That is fascinating! Let us know how this turns out.

Well all is said and done. I got a call at about 3:30pm yesterday from city hall telling me my license was approved and ready to be paid for and picked up. I paid my $30 in fees and now have a flashy business license to frame and hang in my office lol. I found a problem that was to late to rectify and that is they spelled my last name wrong on the actual license. I will be calling them today and hopefully it wont make a difference or they will just print out a new one for me.

MikeO
09-01-2009, 11:07 PM
I just read in another post you typed you quit now, your saying you have a license..I am truley lost here..or are you doing something different?

jasonw
09-02-2009, 08:14 AM
I am just as lost. Notice the time on the posts. I posted the news on the License before work yesterday and posted the other message after work. I was so very disappointed when I got home I was just ready to through up my hands and say that's it. I was truly hoping this would work out so I could focus more on the business end and pay my employee to do the labor. Now after I slept on it I really don't want to quit, its a huge investment of money and time to just toss to the wind like that but I am at a loss here. I mean this person dose good work with direction but I need someone that can take hold and get the job done without direction so should I let this person go and look for another? Its a hard situation because this person in family by marage and has a new baby and all. Maybe I will just appoint him to working on my property rather than fire him lol. I am also trying to take into consideration that the job we were on is the most intricate job I have. Maybe all in all it was just to intimidating to start someone out one I don't know. I figured worst case I would give him one more chance next week on a couple of easy jobs before deciding weather to keep him on bored or not. Maybe pay has a lot to do with it to. At this point I only have work every other week and because of the prices I quoted on these jobs I can only afford to pay minimum wage so there is not much incentive to work hard I guess, On that note in this economy I am sure there are people out there that would break there back for minimum wage.