PDA

View Full Version : Tomatoe Time

lawncrafter56
08-26-2009, 09:09 PM
It's that time of year here in North iowa. i put together a little fresh veggie pack for all my special clients several times during the summer from my garden.

Want to build strong freindships with clients? believe me this works!
Pictured is my book keeper/mowergalpal. not quite as provocative as bikini yardcare but still nice tomatoes!:D

Little's
08-26-2009, 09:38 PM
My wife made zucchini bread for my bigger customers. Turned out amazing.

lawncrafter56
08-26-2009, 09:43 PM
Fresh zucchini bread! Your hired! This is just the stuff that most love and offered or found very few places.
My experience as I am sure yours Brandon has been nothing but smiles and very happy clients.

Little's
08-26-2009, 11:44 PM
yes, received very well by the customers, especially my older customers.

kdexpd
08-27-2009, 11:02 AM
Ya know, I was just thinking about this the other day. Talk about customer retention! A majority of all my clients are over 65 and they are the ones who appreciate gifts such as these the most. I have a small garden and this year my tomatos have done very well indeed. You should see the smiles on my customer's faces when I bring them fresh produce. I think it is the definition of customer retention. If you don't have a garden, find someone who is selling fresh produce and get some from them. Then just tell your customers that you got yourself too much and wanted to share with them. It will make each individual one feel special.

Steve
08-27-2009, 11:44 AM
What would the gift actually consist of? Any suggestions? Could it be simply a bag of a handful of tomatoes or do you jazz it up a bit and put it in a basket or what do you all suggest?

kdexpd
08-27-2009, 03:39 PM
All I do is save my Wally World plastic bags and give them a handfull of tomatos or onions or green bell peppers-whatever I happen to have at the time and put them in there. I don't go all out for fear of all my customers wanting it (with a special basket and such). I also wouldn't want them to think I am sucking up...maybe for weedwacking a flower or running over Fluffy. Just a simple gesture of my appreciation and of me being the giving kind of guy I am. I only give these to certain customers...mainly the older ones who I know will appreciate it. Half of my younger generation customers wouldn't know what to do with a fresh tomato or pepper unless it came from a grocery store and was already prepared..HAHA!

lawncrafter56
08-27-2009, 08:32 PM
Seasonal gifts all year through at a fair price. I go to Menonite produce auctions and get the produce very reasonable.

Whatever grows regionally for all. I give squash beans pepppers. sweetcorn.. I always carry veggies in my truck every day during later summer and fall. just a couple ears of corn a few peppers for those special oldsters. Give a kid a pumpkin!

kdexpd is so right about retention of people 30 years plus. Build the relationship and you will get the best advertising... word of mouth along with redemption should you ever error.

lawncrafter56
08-27-2009, 08:35 PM
Spelled tomato wrong... one to many Coors lights the other night:D