PDA

View Full Version : Dry Spell

rclandscaping
08-24-2009, 08:23 PM
It's almost September and all I have is regular mowing clients I started with at the beginning of the year. I know this economy sucks right now, but what gives! I can't wait for fall cleanups to start!!

CHEESE2009
08-24-2009, 10:44 PM
It's almost September and all I have is regular mowing clients I started with at the beginning of the year. I know this economy sucks right now, but what gives! I can't wait for fall cleanups to start!!

Ya I'm anxious for winter to be done with so I can advertise lawn service again.

It's killing me, nothing happens at this point in time, just gotta do with what you have & wait... Boo!

Steve
08-25-2009, 03:26 AM

What kinds of things have you been doing to promote your business?

How has what you have been doing this year compared with what you did last year?

rclandscaping
08-26-2009, 09:15 AM
Well last year I just started and we were figuring out money issues and basic office stuff. we really did not advertise till the month of january. I keep posting notes and flyers on community boards, and this week I am finally doing a labor day parade. With that Ill be passing out fliers for fall cleanup specials. I am also looking into giving away a free movie from the local movie rental store with every fall cleanup. Umm just giving my card out to everyone that walks by me. I m probally just in a dry spell right not with this summer here in indiana being to crazy. I mean my fiance's closing the pool early cause it's been a wierd summer. Thanks Ill keep it going!!

Steve
08-26-2009, 09:19 AM
this week I am finally doing a labor day parade

This will be a great opportunity to stand out.

Give me the low down on what you plan on doing at the parade. Let's brain storm some ideas.

lawncrafter56
08-26-2009, 09:24 PM
I have a parade coming up in a week... I have the mayor of my town riding in my mower trailer. I have bought 300.00 worth of candy at a wholesale house. two other people will be helping the mayor shovel the candy out the back for the kids. All the while the original Mayor's car will be going out in front of my rig without him in it. He's 80 years old!
I have collected several of the old old push reel mowers looking for a third...and will paint them up and put them on a piece of green painted plywood on top the bed of my truck. Tomatoe Girl and her friends will assist. Should be a hoot. Pics to follow

rclandscaping
08-26-2009, 09:40 PM
well, unlike that guys huge bugdet, my truck with a canvas banner is the only thing going. We have come up with a way to give back as well as get business. We have decided to give a percentage of all our fall clean up jobs to the local schools and we will advertise this.

lawncrafter56
08-26-2009, 09:47 PM
I don't have a huge budget though i do manage to save a little stash through the summer for such occasions.
I think you have a heck of a good idea.:)

rclandscaping
08-26-2009, 09:52 PM
yeah i try to think of stuff and then when I get stuck i come here lol !!

lawncrafter56
08-26-2009, 10:06 PM
One time I saw a parade with 6 guys with old junk push mowers doing stunts & tricks like the Shriner motorcycle riders weaving in and out figure eights close calls and such. everyone loved it and laughed! Buy some personal lawn shirts in a size that fits you XL? and let em wear em just for the parade. You got uniforms. One might need a little liquid Coors courage to start but if you want to stand out this might be a gimmick for some to try.

I really like your donation to schools as that would give you mega good publicity and bound to reap rewards.. cheers!

Steve
08-27-2009, 11:28 AM
Any thoughts about wearing a costume? For instance, if people are handing out candy, what if they got dressed up in clown outfits? Wouldn't that stand out more and be cheap? I bet the kids would love it.

What's your view on something like that?

rclandscaping
09-03-2009, 11:33 PM
Sorry been busy getting ready for this parade. My banner is cool though. My fiance is a great artist and free hand everything. It looks nice. and we got the truck all spiffed up. I have a couple of friends helping out. I do have shirts and I love them. I am a girl and I think mine stand out. But the boys say they stand out too much!!! lol well the parade is in 4 days and we still have so much to get done!!

Steve
09-04-2009, 08:59 AM
Can you take pictures of all this? I'd love to see what you are doing!