PDA

View Full Version : Work at home moms

Steve
05-15-2006, 01:11 PM
Does your wife work from home? Would she like to talk to other work at home moms and find out how they are making it? Check out this article. Cheryl Demas started a website over a decade ago to help work at home moms talk and find business opportunities. Maybe something on her site will help your family grow.

Double the work: (http://www.tmcnet.com/usubmit/2006/05/14/1648932.htm) Moms opt to handle laundry, kids and jobs in one single spot ? their own house. - It's the dream of many moms, particularly those with young children: If only they could work at home.

With today's wireless communications, high-speed Internet at home and gas prices going through the roof, telecommuting has become all the more attractive. Cheryl Demas, publisher of the online magazine www.wahm.com, estimates that 20 million American women may be working out of their homes.

Like other work-at-home moms, she finds flexibility is both blessing and curse. Some days are longer than others. Her husband, Ernie, owns a landscaping business that often operates from dawn until dusk.

"There's not a clear definition to the start and the end of the day," Randall says. "When I can't get things done during the day, I get them done when I can get them done."