PDA

View Full Version : Lawn & Landscape Magazine

tiedeman
05-14-2006, 03:35 PM
Lawn & Landscape has recently been sending their magazine via digital copy to subscribers. I was turned off at first, but I finally read their latest magazine online with the digital copy. All I can say is amazing, I love it too death.

Why do I love it you say? Many reasons:
1. You can view everything page in 5 different sizes
2. You can print out or email just a certain page in the magazine
3. Every ad or mention of a website in the magazine has a direct link to that particular company's website.
4. In the Index area where it lists the companies that have advertised in the magazine, not only does it have the link of their website like stated above, but they have a page link of where you can click on that page link and it will take you directly to that particular ad.
5. You know how you are reading an article on page. 38, and it ends, but picks but up on page. 60. Well, they have the page linked of where you can click on that link and it will take to you the rest of the article instead of having to thumb through the rest of the pages.
6. It is not slow loading unlike a PDF.
7. You can jump around to whatever page you want to in the magazine with their drop down menu.
8. They also have a side menu of what articles or features that are in the magazine, and you can click on it.

Truly amazing I tell you. I plan on reading it like this from now on.

Steve
05-14-2006, 04:34 PM
Do you have to sign up to read it or is it available to anyone reviewing their website?

tiedeman
05-14-2006, 06:12 PM
Magazine (http://lawnandlandscape.texterity.com/lawnandlandscape/200605/)

I don't know exactly whether you have to be signed up. I do know that usually you need to be signed up to look at their website. That is locked to subscribers only

Steve
05-14-2006, 10:29 PM
I checked it out and it is awesome!

Do any of the other trade magazines offer this?

I can't believe how great it works.

I would rather read it online than in print.

kc2006
05-15-2006, 09:47 AM
I'll have to check that out. I normally just delete any emails I get.

Steve
05-15-2006, 11:57 AM
I do like the layout. I applaud them for their efforts.