PDA

View Full Version : Timecutter Z380

Saddlewood
08-17-2009, 10:22 PM
Maybe you all can help me with a price question. I've got a 2005 Timecutter Z380. I bought it in 2006 so I'm just on my 3rd season. (sorry no hour meter). I've got a mulching kit with it and it still looks very good. It's also got the Briggs 14HP. Any guesstimates as to what I might be able to sell this for?

Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated!

Steve
08-18-2009, 12:52 AM
One thing you might want to do is do a search on craigslist for that type of mower and see what others are offering it for. Once you get a few prices, that should help you create a range to list yours at.

Keep us posted on how this goes.

What made you decide to sell it and what do you want to replace it with?

SuperiorPower
08-18-2009, 01:58 AM
how much did you pay for it back when you bought it? That will help me give you an idea. Around here the new Z5000's sell for about $3000.00 new so with that in mind, I doubt yours is worth over $1500 or so. But that is a guess based on the price of the Z5000, and not on the price for the Z380.

Good luck,
Eli

Saddlewood
08-18-2009, 12:06 PM
how much did you pay for it back when you bought it? That will help me give you an idea. Around here the new Z5000's sell for about $3000.00 new so with that in mind, I doubt yours is worth over $1500 or so. But that is a guess based on the price of the Z5000, and not on the price for the Z380.

Good luck,
Eli

If I remember right, w/ the mulching kit, I want to say it was just under $3000. I was thinking around $1200, but that seemed a bit high. But based on what you've said, I might be pretty close. Thanks!

Saddlewood
08-18-2009, 12:13 PM
One thing you might want to do is do a search on craigslist for that type of mower and see what others are offering it for. Once you get a few prices, that should help you create a range to list yours at.

Keep us posted on how this goes.

What made you decide to sell it and what do you want to replace it with?

I've done all kind of searches on the internet as well as Craigslist and ebay, but haven't had any luck in finding others for sale. I decided it was time to sell it because I do know that it's a residential mower and I had been using it more at the commercial level. I had to have the clutch replaced on it about a month ago and came to the conclusion that if I kept up doing the same work that I'm doing now with it, the maintenance cost is going to kill me. (besides, it's really my own fault, I'm using it for something that it really isn't designed for) I replaced it with a Wright stander that I bought used, but am absolutly impressed with the machine. I've heard people say that once you start with a stander, you'll never go back and I see what they mean. It is an impressive unit. I went w/ the Wright because of the reviews that I read, people seemed to rate them pretty high. Also, a lot of the other LCO's in my area (that are much bigger than I am) seem to be using the Wright standers, so I made the assumption that from a quality and reliability perspective they were certainly worth checking out. At this point, I'm glad I did!